GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What should I buy on Amazon?

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
yes. the mk5 setup was ass, i know cuz i upgraded all 6 speakers up front.

Wow well then that makes sense, i really didnt know that. I forgot the name of the other company that makes a 3 way speaker replacement for the mkv it was a bit more expensive than the focals.

Which sucked because I really wanted to upgrade to new speakers because I have a partially blown sub on the passenger door. I have to compensate by making the balance shift towards the left. I was going to get the Focals, since it was 350 with install. just wasnt meant to be.

I upgraded to the rcd510 and that in its own amp, helped out the audio in my car. Just need some speakers. But I listen to mostly sports/talk radio anyway.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
i dont need any more credit cards.. i just use my debit on amazon.. no points.. are points really worth it?

i have discover and chase.. maybe im leaving a lot of free money on the table.

Debit sucks man. More risk and no benefits. I use CC for everything. I mean, the cash back rewards aren't life changing or anything, but it's nice to get several hundred dollars a year or more for free. I mean, you just can't argue with that. I've made over a thousand bucks on cash back from CCs since I started using them in college.

MKV had a three way setup? That's stupid. The tweeter and 6.5" plus a sub is really all you need.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm, that's a pretty decent deal actually. Might look into it. Right now I've been getting 5% back on online purchases with discover. I already have about four cards so I sort of hesitate to get more.

i dont need any more credit cards.. i just use my debit on amazon.. no points.. are points really worth it?
The Amazon card is a Visa card through Chase. If you buy everything on Amazon it's completely worth it, as long as the item is shipped by Amazon. You can use any amount of your points on any purchase at any time. Or you can just redeem them in general on Chase's website. It has a high APR rate, but I never have to worry about that since I pay it off every time.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
The Amazon card is a Visa card through Chase. If you buy everything on Amazon it's completely worth it. As long as the item is shipped by Amazon. You can use any amount of your points on any purchase at any time. Or you can just redeem them in general on Chase's website. It has a high APR rate, but I never have to worry about that since I pay it off every time.

:word: that sounds pretty good. I already have a Chase Freedom Visa too.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The Amazon card is a Visa card through Chase. If you buy everything on Amazon it's completely worth it, as long as the item is shipped by Amazon. You can use any amount of your points on any purchase at any time. Or you can just redeem them in general on Chase's website. It has a high APR rate, but I never have to worry about that since I pay it off every time.

i forgot.. my dicover is already linked to amazon! cuz i got like $80 cash credit there the other day which has been there for years. maybe i should start using my discover card on amazon instead. i buy a new things every week there.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
MKV had a three way setup? That's stupid. The tweeter and 6.5" plus a sub is really all you need.

ya.. and the main woofer was right at your hip/butt area.. so it pulled the entire soundstage to the rear. was the worst design ever.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
i forgot.. my dicover is already linked to amazon! cuz i got like $80 cash credit there the other day which has been there for years. maybe i should start using my discover card on amazon instead. i buy a new things every week there.

Discover is 5% cash back on all online purchases October-December this year. 5% adds up pretty quickly... the 1% cash back on all purchases definitely doesn't amount to too much.

edit: you have to go to discover.com to activate that or do it through SMS. Chase has similar 5% back deals that you have to activate each quarter.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
:word: that sounds pretty good. I already have a Chase Freedom Visa too.
Yep, plus 2x for gas and restaurants is fantastic too.

One time I found a deal on SlickDeals for signing up with a SouthWestern Airlines credit card through Chase. It was $69/year, all you had to do was make one purchase for $0.01 or more and you got 50,000 points, or $500 in Amazon gift cards. I received an envelope packed with twenty $25 Amazon gift cards. Then I canceled the card a few days before I was going to get charged the credit card use fee again.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Discover is 5% cash back on all online purchases October-December this year. 5% adds up pretty quickly... the 1% cash back on all purchases definitely doesn't amount to too much.

edit: you have to go to discover.com to activate that or do it through SMS. Chase has similar 5% back deals that you have to activate each quarter.

yes! of course i dont have much time left to enjoy it.. my spending is actually about to slow down.. no risk or fees to sign up?

5% on Online Shopping
Ends Dec 31 Sign Up

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
yes! of course i dont have much time left to enjoy it.. my spending is actually about to slow down.. no risk or fees to sign up?

5% on Online Shopping
Ends Dec 31 Sign Up

Yeah, no fees or anything. I sign up every quarter. Sometimes they're to like "Kohl's and Movie Tickets" or something gay like that though.

Gas, restaraunts, Amazon.com, grocery stores, etc. are the good categories.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
Yep, plus 2x for gas and restaurants is fantastic too.

One time I found a deal on SlickDeals for signing up with a SouthWestern Airlines credit card through Chase. It was $69/year, all you had to do was make one purchase for $0.01 or more and you got 50,000 points, or $500 in Amazon gift cards. I received an envelope packed with twenty $25 Amazon gift cards. Then I canceled the card a few days before I was going to get charged the credit card use fee again.

smart man :thumbsup: