GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What should I buy on Amazon?

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I have accumulated about $350 worth of Amazon gift cards and $500 worth of Amazon points for using their credit card for a few years. What should I buy?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
automotive things i have bought on amazon:

Fumoto valve
AFE air filter
Detailing brushes
VW rear window shades
Focal speaker upgrade kit
Bumper protector
Blendmount
hardwire cord
brake pads
foam lance
tool cart
triple square bit set
blue microfiber drying towels

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
automotive things i have bought on amazon:
Focal speaker upgrade kit
Tell me about this. Aren't these just front speaker replacements? How is the sound difference? I've been thinking about getting a Bazooka sub and prevent the bass from coming out of the main 8 speakers.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
this thread will tell you a lot.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46684

yes they are just front speaker replacements, 4 pieces. + a lot of nice accessories for install. equal to dynaudio in my opinion, i would not get it if you already have dynaudio. but for base system, a nice upgrade allowing you to go 3-5 volume higher then you do now, without distortion. or watch my install video.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I am at work so I can't watch the video now, but wouldn't the rear speakers have to be replaced as well? Won't there still be distortion coming from the rear speakers when upping the volume, or are the rear speakers handled differently?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I am at work so I can't watch the video now, but wouldn't the rear speakers have to be replaced as well? Won't there still be distortion coming from the rear speakers when upping the volume, or are the rear speakers handled differently?

in a perfect world, maybe. i don't hear any distortion from them personally.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I hope you use the Amazon credit card then like I do. 3x points on everything sold by Amazon! 2x on food and gas!

Hmmm, that's a pretty decent deal actually. Might look into it. Right now I've been getting 5% back on online purchases with discover. I already have about four cards so I sort of hesitate to get more.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
this thread will tell you a lot.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46684

yes they are just front speaker replacements, 4 pieces. + a lot of nice accessories for install. equal to dynaudio in my opinion, i would not get it if you already have dynaudio. but for base system, a nice upgrade allowing you to go 3-5 volume higher then you do now, without distortion. or watch my install video.

I was thinking of getting these earlier last summer. They were going for $350 installed, but I wanted 3 way speakers. I found it dumb that focal would go to the trouble of making a replacement kit which only replaces 2 out of the 3 speakers (1 tweeter) that go in each front door.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i dont need any more credit cards.. i just use my debit on amazon.. no points.. are points really worth it?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I was thinking of getting these earlier last summer. They were going for $350 installed, but I wanted a 3 way speakers. I found it dumb that focal would go to the trouble of making a replacement kit which only replaces 2 out of the 3 speakers (1 tweeter) that go in each front door.

dood... this is a MK6 kit. there are only 2 speakers in each door.. not the MK5 setup which speaker placement sucked even if you replaced it.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Hmmm, that's a pretty decent deal actually. Might look into it. Right now I've been getting 5% back on online purchases with discover. I already have about four cards so I sort of hesitate to get more.

i have discover and chase.. maybe im leaving a lot of free money on the table.