GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the tips. I've been on the lookout for a full sized spare for the last few months.

Currently going between finding a spare, or just saying 'fuck it', and buying a set of 19x8.5 RSE102's...
Rse102 😍

Zednix

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 Sportwagen S
1682317752039.png

Spacers installed today. 15mm front, 20mm rear. They do a great job with 19's getting them out quite a bit.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Thursday I explored most of the southeastern quadrant of the Big Island. Didn't take many pictures, but I stumbled upon a hoarder of Kaiser Jeep M715s. I love these things and plan to import one of my own for 4x4 island exploration.
IMG_1891.jpeg

Friday my GSW4Mo became one of the very few 4WD/AWD Volkswagens to ever climb Mauna Kea. I took my time and averaged 10mph or so. It's a steep 8 mile climb from 9,200 to 13,800 feet that is totally worth it. Only the final mile or so is paved to keep dust down for the telescopes. I did it on Kuhmo V730s, but would not recommend lol. My wagon is now one of even fewer cars to climb both Mount Washington and Mauna Kea. Mauna Loa is unfortunately closed due to the November flow crossing the road, but once it's open I'll take the trip to that peak as well. Then my GSW4Mo just needs a mainland trip to climb Pikes Peak!
IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1947.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1972.jpeg

I spy a red car.
IMG_1980.jpeg

Over the weekend I spent some time hanging out with the locals at the Hilo Drag Strip. I learned right away that a 10 second island car is much faster than a 10 second mainland car. They say cars on the Big Island run 1 second slower than Maui, but Maui is still at least a half a second slower than the mainland. The air over here is disgusting for racing and we only get 92 at the pumps. (Even then it's an iffy 92 depending on station) I made 13 passes today and couldn't break 13.0 at 107. (I previously ran consistent 12.4s at 104 with the SFX and cheap tires.) Aside from hitting the torque limiter in the TCU all day the car ran great. I'm waiting on a TCU revision to raise the launch control boost/RPMs and increase the torque limiter,. If I can manage a 12.5 while on the island I'll be happy.
IMG_2029.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

They're probably gonna happen. Have a buddy who will probably buy my old RSE10's off me for $1k, and could still probably get a decent amount for 19" Black Prets with 3 in good condition and 1 with a bit of curbing lol. Consolidate two sets of wheels down to one. Carry over the mostly brand new 235/35 DWS06 Plus tires.

I did RSE10's on my GTI & last R, and figured I'll go with something different. Very picky about what wheels I like. Outside of a few of the Neuspeed models, most other wheels I like are like $700 - $1,000 each...

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Installed the Ali* special wireless phone charger, man I hate taking the center console out.

Attachments

• 20230423_131650.jpg
    20230423_131650.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 20230423_131655.jpg
    20230423_131655.jpg
    935.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230423_131658.jpg
    20230423_131658.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Installed the Ali* special wireless phone charger, man I hate taking the center console out.
Man you had to take a lot more apart than I did for the OEM one. I just removed the side trim by the gas pedal and fed the BCM/fuse/ground cables up above the pedals, left the rest of the console alone.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Outside of a few of the Neuspeed models, most other wheels I like are like $700 - $1,000 each...
The "cheapest" next set of wheels I'd buy is Regamasters, but they don't make an 18x9 in our bolt pattern. I can't justify to myself six month lead times for Volk or Advans at this point in my life.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What color are you thinking?

I'm getting tired of the black wheels but Indium doesn't seem to match up well with anything else except for possibly some kind of silver.

They'd be gloss black. With all the other gloss black trim on the outside of the car, gloss black wheels just flow so nicely with it.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
They'd be gloss black. With all the other gloss black trim on the outside of the car, gloss black wheels just flow so nicely with it.
Agreed on gloss black flowing so nice with the trim. It looks so damn good but I also wish I could get some damn color on the car that isn't in the grey or black family. What I'd give to have a Jazz blue or Viper green metallic.

How crazy is would it be to do blue wheels? Maybe something like this?

PF05-Blue.jpg

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Agreed on gloss black flowing so nice with the trim. It looks so damn good but I also wish I could get some damn color on the car that isn't in the grey or black family. What I'd give to have a Jazz blue or Viper green metallic.

How crazy is would it be to do blue wheels? Maybe something like this?

View attachment 279234
18 x 9 in red would look cool on my car. Blue would look pretty cool on yours.