GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Agreed on gloss black flowing so nice with the trim. It looks so damn good but I also wish I could get some damn color on the car that isn't in the grey or black family. What I'd give to have a Jazz blue or Viper green metallic.

How crazy is would it be to do blue wheels? Maybe something like this?

View attachment 279234
it looks good depending on body color.... @El_bigote_AJ has a similar blue on his.....very subtle and looks good

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Agreed on gloss black flowing so nice with the trim. It looks so damn good but I also wish I could get some damn color on the car that isn't in the grey or black family. What I'd give to have a Jazz blue or Viper green metallic.

View attachment 279234
I would do so many unspeakable things to have those in 18x9. Would give up the gloss black instantly.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Indium grey. Exact same car as Jon's.
I forgot about that. What color is his car? Something grey is all I remember.
Urano -
84A5FA70-7780-4C42-9D01-CD90F29BB7FC.jpeg
244CBAAB-3233-4BC1-9857-ADC70B40BD7E.jpeg
E31A305C-9690-45C1-8246-CA6077E6A0E6.jpeg

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
I would do so many unspeakable things to have those in 18x9. Would give up the gloss black instantly.
There aren't any blue wheels that I like and I can afford. So the Tire Rack Flow One F5 clearance you guys posted has got me thinking. Maybe buy those and get them refinished. Question it what would be the perfect blue to pick for the Indium grey.

I know your R is a different color but do you have any other pictures of the F5 on your car?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

View attachment 279234
Hmmmm been looking for rse52 but these are darn close….

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Sure do.

20220724_162921.jpg
20220724_193219.jpg
20220724_193311.jpg
20220724_193329.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
I pulled a p16C700 code in the engine module yesterday just by scanning no CEL. Its for "Heater Support Pump - locked out" Not a ton of info out there for 2.0Ts on this mostly for TDIs in Europe and a few posts around here without much resolution or help. Its for one of the two auxillary coolant pumps, I assumed it was for the one that helps cool the turbo after shutting the car off. Apparently there's one under the oil filter housing area and one just below the turbo. I got the car up in the air and pulled off the axle heat shield and disconnected the sensor and messed around with clearing the codes and doing the heater support pump output test while connecting and disconnecting it with the ignition on. The old code dissapeared and I got a static one when disconnected so I figured the one below the turbo is my problem one. I then tried tapping on the aux pump with a wrench while running the heater support pump output test and it started working again I could feel it and hear the noise change. Idk why it would have been stuck before. Hopefully that fixes it for now it doesn't look like a fun part to change. Im guessing passenger axle will have to come out.

I just fuckin got this car....The one on the gen 1 TSI was way more accessible it seemed like fml.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Gave her a much needed wash, and did a bit of maintenance. Replaced the engine air filter (looked fine after 20k miles but figured why not), re-lubed the sunroof rails, and gummi pfleged all the exterior rubber bits.

Not the confessions thread, but feeling a bit rough about all the little damage it has accumulated over the last two years. Hood is rock chipped to hell, front grill is cracked in several places, bumper has taken its share of parallel parkers, pretty bad curb rash on two wheels... and just spent almost two weeks at the dealer getting a rear door water leak fixed and came back with some great new clear coat swirls and scratches all over the driver door sill. It's a city daily driver so I really ought to just get used to it, but man is it demoralizing sometimes.

Will say though, when it's clean and the sun hits right, DIB looks pretty great.

IMG_0241.jpeg