Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
😭🤮😭🤮

PXL_20230423_132556064.MV.jpg

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Today I took out my rear pads because I noticed a squeak coming from the rear and was a bit surprised to see the condition of the pads. Is this okay to continue to run? They are a bit rough? If the pads need to be replaced, do I also have to replace the rotors? The rotors are still 9.9mm thick and don't have a lip on them or anything noticeable.

IMG_5040.JPG

IMG_5042.jpeg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Two coats in to my touch up job.

1682292812847.png

Is it going to look perfect?

No.

Is it going to look better than it did?

Yes.

1682292867414.png

1682292901740.png

It was bad...

(In case it's not clear, those two pics are before shots...)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Two coats in to my touch up job.

View attachment 279149

Is it going to look perfect?

No.

Is it going to look better than it did?

Yes.

View attachment 279150

View attachment 279151

It was bad...

(In case it's not clear, those two pics are before shots...)
Wheel damage happens (I’ve fixed two out of three sets of our current selection of OEM wheels), and if I ran wheels as readily available as Prets I definitely would’ve saved the time/effort to pick up 2-3 good ones used.

If you’re gonna continue running them I’d recommend blending out the damage to prevent cracking, especially on the spoke. Aluminum is especially prone to crack from any sharp edge.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wheel damage happens (I’ve fixed two out of three sets of our current selection of OEM wheels), and if I ran wheels as readily available as Prets I definitely would’ve saved the time/effort to pick up 2-3 good ones used.

If you’re gonna continue running them I’d recommend blending out the damage to prevent cracking, especially on the spoke. Aluminum is especially prone to crack from any sharp edge.

Thanks for the tips. I've been on the lookout for a full sized spare for the last few months.

Currently going between finding a spare, or just saying 'fuck it', and buying a set of 19x8.5 RSE102's...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the tips. I've been on the lookout for a full sized spare for the last few months.

Currently going between finding a spare, or just saying 'fuck it', and buying a set of 19x8.5 RSE102's...

I hate how good 19s look, because there’re just so many negatives about them keeping me away.

-more prone to cracking/bending

-less tire options

-more expensive tires

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I hate how good 19s look, because there’re just so many negatives about them keeping me away.

-more prone to cracking/bending

-less tire options

-more expensive tires

b06107ea-1a7d-4800-97a8-268e19e41737_text.gif

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
ECS CF Battery Box. Looks great but Im going to have to change my intake setup because the lid portion rubs against it. Looking at the Cobb Redline intake, but trying to figure out if it will provide the clearance I need.

IMG-4331.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just a few words - roads in Boston and environs....

Ask me how I know.

I bent a wheel on a 97 Yukon in 98 when I lived in Milford- but coming from the airport. I think they were 16 inch wheels

RHODE ISLAND #1 BAY BEEE!!!

(With MA right behind at #4)

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
20230421_202015.jpg
Put these guys on today, in backwards order of course. Tray first, then braces. Instructions dictate that this the correct way, but the pictures on ECS website show the opposite which is how I got it backwards. It really only set me back 15-20 minutes to get it corrected.

There are a couple minor blemishes in the powdercoat on the one brace, but in a very inconspicuous place, not visible when mounted. Not worthy of a complaint, being I got them on sale with free shipping anyway. Structurally, they appear sound and fit perfectly.

The under brace shield went in perfectly, just a little fiddly on when working on your back.

After torquing everything to spec with new hardware, took it around the block to settle the suspension and listen for noises — happy to say all good. Will have to do more spirited driving in the coming days to see how noticeable the improvement is.

Side note: I have to give a shout out to Jake because I got to admire my midpipe after a year or so and it really is quality. Shit's still shiny like it repels dirt lol