GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I also received a discounted Neuspeed wheel at one time. I believe it was 30% off but had to pay for shipping from CA to NC so it was still like $300
30%, no free shipping and you can’t get it with a tire mounted. The kick in the nuts, their price increased in the last 18 months makes the replacement plus shipping essentially more expensive than whatever you paid originally.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
30%, no free shipping and you can’t get it with a tire mounted. The kick in the nuts, their price increased in the last 18 months makes the replacement plus shipping essentially more expensive than whatever you paid originally.
Almost better off finding the most beat set of any color used and having them refinished to whatever color you want. Neuspeed paint and colors are nothing to write home about anyway.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
But if they didn't offer discount, it would still be 30% more

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ask the tech not to put the compressor on your hood if possible, I ended up with slight 3 dents from the feet. It was a pain to get them to pay for the PDR.
Uhhhhh….wow….. definitely

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Almost better off finding the most beat set of any color used and having them refinished to whatever color you want. Neuspeed paint and colors are nothing to write home about anyway.

Hyper Black has entered the chat...

All other colors, I 100% agree with :ROFLMAO:

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I remember reading it somewhere, then I started to second guess, bit I finally found the info. It's second hand info, but sure it still applies.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-cost-road-hazard-replacement-program.370986/
Thanks for the info, I got the wheels for under $1000 on Black Friday prior to the price bump. If I can get the 30% off I’ll probably buy another and sell them as complete set for cheap, otherwise was gonna try and sell the three good ones for dirt cheap

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
IMG_2614.jpeg

I hate moving.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
My car has a Feb '17 build date so I've been overdue to swap my factory battery. Today, it let me know with a painfully slow start for this evening's grocery run. I figured, what the hell, might stop at the parts store and see what a battery swap involves. Talked to the AutoZone fellow about the process, took my notes, and planned to come back next week. Car had other ideas and refused to start 🙃. So, I watched Humble Mechanic's video (RIP his Ginster Yellow Spektrum R). Including the video, installation took 20 minutes.

PXL_20230423_001850946.MP.jpg

Also nabbed these sweet Osram-Sylvania license plate lights because my halogens were destroyed the third time I was love-tapped at a light and the body shop of course didn't replace them. Now people can peep my goofy plate more readily:

PXL_20230423_010650272.jpg

After buttoning everything up, the AutoZone fella came out and asked about my little DRL grille accent bar. He was like "is that light a factory thing?? It's super cool, I've never seen a VW with that, etc." I know it's not to everyone's taste but I'm smitten with it because I did it myself before VW did it with the Mk8.

PXL_20230423_010630414~4.jpg

"Whenever I see your smiling face, I have to smile myself"

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My Mk7 is still in pieces, but I did buy an American made battery from FCP (lifetime warranty) for my ol farm tractor.

It’s neither the correct size, nor the correct terminal configuration, but it’s had a tarp strap hold down the last 15-20 years so mods to make it work were minimal.
IMG_0035.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
From Reno to Las Vegas. 🎲
I hope you took the off-road version of this trip 😉. Have done it with some Raptors for the TRX development a couple of years ago.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Not today, but over the last couple of weeks i replaced the PCV as preventive measure, replaced my stock almost six year old ignition coils with new Bosch ones, and fixed a random blinking issue with the Ecliptech Shift-P2 light tacho. My hypothesis is that the connection between the coil wire and the splice to the tacho wire was too loose, especially at high vibrations on WOT. After the fix it hasn't blinked out of sync once.