GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
With @dvw.r's help got the Porsche and then Bentley map styles going.

Porsche night, I think this looks really good, although it's missing the starry sky of the Audi maps...
PXL_20230424_054845375.jpgPXL_20230424_054848307.jpg

Porsche day, very bland and colorless, kind of boring but they POI icons are nice...
PXL_20230424_134148975.jpgPXL_20230424_134151753.jpg

And Bentley day, also boring, probably won't even try them at night...
PXL_20230424_233550174.jpg

I like the VW style more than both of these. And I like the Audi the most except for the POI icons 😬.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Did a brake fluid flush using the Motive power bleeder. Was fine up until I had to disconnect the hose that was full of brake fluid. 🤬

Cleaned the shit out of the wheels while they were off.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Did a brake fluid flush using the Motive power bleeder. Was fine up until I had to disconnect the hose that was full of brake fluid. 🤬

Cleaned the shit out of the wheels while they were off.
Motiv forgot the pressure relief valve on that one 🙄

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Paid it off today. Bought in 11/2020, so I made pretty good time all things considered.

Built a MPI only harness and got a few other products into the test phase.
View attachment 279307
Staaaaaaaahp I was supposed to go IS38 stage 2 and not do fueling mods and now you gotta go tempting and shit, that's just rude (but seriously please continue development on this platform, it's highly appreciated)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Turn the car upside down

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Gave her a much needed wash, and did a bit of maintenance. Replaced the engine air filter (looked fine after 20k miles but figured why not), re-lubed the sunroof rails, and gummi pfleged all the exterior rubber bits.

Not the confessions thread, but feeling a bit rough about all the little damage it has accumulated over the last two years. Hood is rock chipped to hell, front grill is cracked in several places, bumper has taken its share of parallel parkers, pretty bad curb rash on two wheels... and just spent almost two weeks at the dealer getting a rear door water leak fixed and came back with some great new clear coat swirls and scratches all over the driver door sill. It's a city daily driver so I really ought to just get used to it, but man is it demoralizing sometimes.

Will say though, when it's clean and the sun hits right, DIB looks pretty great.

View attachment 279306

Was looking to buy a DA polisher this week to give her a proper wash and wax over the weekend. But a fuckin' racoon had other plans and decided to use my car to unlive himself.

itskohler

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 1998 4runn

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Man you had to take a lot more apart than I did for the OEM one. I just removed the side trim by the gas pedal and fed the BCM/fuse/ground cables up above the pedals, left the rest of the console alone.
Doesn't the OEM one run through the MIB?

Attachments

• GmdYI3j.jpg
    GmdYI3j.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
It goes to both BCM and MIB; I just removed the trim around the screen/center vents and routed the MIB wires behind the screen and over to the glovebox. Nothing had to come out around the shifter, though.
Okay, I have already noticed the ali* doesn't have the best ...charging intesity(?) It doesn't seem to be close enough with a phone case, a single turn and the phone shift position and charging is stopped. Have you noticed similiar with yours? Also did you get yours from ali* ?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Okay, I have already noticed the ali* doesn't have the best ...charging intesity(?) It doesn't seem to be close enough with a phone case, a single turn and the phone shift position and charging is stopped. Have you noticed similiar with yours? Also did you get yours from ali* ?
The phone does have to be in the "right" position, but that's no different than practically any other wireless charger. I'll have to dig up the source but from what I remember the OEM charger is only 5W, which is the base Qi standard. That has nothing do with Ali though. And if you're not in the ideal spot you get less than 5W. I don't know if there are multiple coils in the OEM charger.

It's the reason for the magsafe iphone stuff, places the phone in ideal position. Also the reason Apple started to develop (then cancelled) the Airpower pad with coils everywhere so placement wouldn't matter. Tesla released a charging pad that has coils all over so placement doesn't matter.

Tesla charging pad opened up...
1682437191752.png