GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRS-Tec MK7 GTI Bumper Flare Group Buy

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
It’s possible that it could be moving within DHLs network. I’m part of another group where stuff is shipping out of China through DHL. People are saying packages are just showing up with no updates on tracking.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It’s possible that it could be moving within DHLs network. I’m part of another group where stuff is shipping out of China through DHL. People are saying packages are just showing up with no updates on tracking.

I had that happen with 1 of the 2 packages of trim I ordered off AliExpress. Not DHL, but it showed up in the US, didn't show anything for a week, and then just all of a sudden was at my door yesterday.

Like I said, I'm not worried it's lost or anything, but I like knowing what to expect. Maybe they'll be able to offer some insight, maybe they won't. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

cb1111

Looks like it is stuck in FRA. There were horror reports of DHL delays several months ago and I can only assume they've gotten worse. Then there is the additional Christmas stuff slowing everything down.

But there is an upside - the weather will be far warmer once the stuff gets here so the glue will stick better (sorry....)

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I've been waiting on a different package from Germany through DHL. Already been over a month. The stores eBay page says if I bought it right now it'll come in two months

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
Ridiculousness. Lockdowns are BS.

On another note, I’ll never buy anything shipping from outside the US if I can possibly avoid it. I bought a golf bag off a guy in Canada on eBay November 20 and it has still not been delivered. USPS is a pathetic, crappy government bureaucracy. FedEx and UPS are reasonably reliable domestic carriers.

Last edited:

cb1111

I buy tons of stuff (tools mainly) from Amazon.de as it is usually far cheaper than the US when buying European stuff (Wera, Gedore, Knipex etc.) and most came DHL in a week or so (but pre Christmas COViD) and Amazon goes direct to the main distribution center.

Here, the problem is a small vendor shipping something to the US - something unusual for them and they may not use DHL regularly.

On a semi-unrelated note, some of the sales on Amazon.de are pretty crazy.

KCToolCo - a big seller of Euro tools, had a Gedore tool kit (in a metal briefcase like toolbox) for about $800. During a sale (Black Thursday?) in 2019, after you remove the VAT (done automatically by the system), convert to $$ and add the shipping (about $15), the identical toolkit was $254 - IIRC, the original Amazon.de price was 350 Euros or so.

Last edited:

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I got an email back from the seller I purchased it from (not the same seller, but package is in the same location). Mines coming over via ship. They said most packages are coming this way (only express is on a plane). Shipping by ship takes 4-5 weeks, then maybe up to two weeks in customs. Fingers crossed my package and the SRS's will come in January lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I got an email back from the seller I purchased it from (not the same seller, but package is in the same location). Mines coming over via ship. They said most packages are coming this way (only express is on a plane). Shipping by ship takes 4-5 weeks, then maybe up to two weeks in customs. Fingers crossed my package and the SRS's will come in January lol

Good to know. I didn't get anywhere speaking to DHL. Despite saying ten times the package was coming from Germany to US, the lady was insisting the tracking number I was giving her was wrong, and it didn't belong to DHL Finally spoke to someone who at least recognized the tracking number belonged to DHL, but all I got was "Covid delays yada yada yada holiday volume yada yada yada, etc. etc." and they couldn't provide any estimate. Which is about what I was expecting, but was worth a try.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Good to know. I didn't get anywhere speaking to DHL. Despite saying ten times the package was coming from Germany to US, the lady was insisting the tracking number I was giving her was wrong, and it didn't belong to DHL Finally spoke to someone who at least recognized the tracking number belonged to DHL, but all I got was "Covid delays yada yada yada holiday volume yada yada yada, etc. etc." and they couldn't provide any estimate. Which is about what I was expecting, but was worth a try.
Yeah I had the same thing when I called DHL. I even emailed DHL Parcel and haven't heard anything back (been almost a month).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Since we've officially hit 30 days with no movement on the package, I reached out to SRS-Tec to see if they could possibly inquire with DHL on their end. Still not worried the package is lost or anything, but with so many people waiting on it, I'd at least like to know what to expect, so I can let all you guys know what to expect. Even if its "Sorry, it'll still be another 4 weeks". I can be a pretty patient person given the right circumstances (which, waiting for an international package from Germany during a pandemic is one of those), but I just hate sitting in the dark.

1609962899816.png

lcpanda.mk7

Car(s)
2016 GTI SE DSG
Since we've officially hit 30 days with no movement on the package, I reached out to SRS-Tec to see if they could possibly inquire with DHL on their end. Still not worried the package is lost or anything, but with so many people waiting on it, I'd at least like to know what to expect, so I can let all you guys know what to expect. Even if its "Sorry, it'll still be another 4 weeks". I can be a pretty patient person given the right circumstances (which, waiting for an international package from Germany during a pandemic is one of those), but I just hate sitting in the dark.

View attachment 198680
Prob won't be hearing from them for a few days

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210106-140755.png
    Screenshot_20210106-140755.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 99

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I purchased a golf bag from a guy in Canada. Got into the US like next day (Nov 24) and I just got it today (January 7).

Hooray!