GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRS-Tec MK7 GTI Bumper Flare Group Buy

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I helped install them on Fliptrocities car. Having 2 sets of hands helps. Pretty straight forward, use more adhesive on the bottom than you think you might need. Better to have too much and just wipe off excess than have too little. We made that mistake on one side, after sitting overnight there wasn't enough to get a good bond on the inside bottom to make a secure bond. Easy enough to correct, just annoying.

1619189545285.png

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I did this job alone and I do recommend two people forsure. When I did the bottom part of the flares I put alot of tape with as much pressure as I can. I used painters tape, any stronger tape would probably work better too.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
How is everyone liking their SRS tec bumper flares? I still haven't gotten around to painting and installing mine yet :confused:

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
I hated the way these looked. I also felt that were going to fly off at any moment due to what I thought was poor surface area contact with the bumper. I wasted so much money on paint and so much time getting them to paint ready condition. I ended up selling them for $60.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I hated the way these looked. I also felt that were going to fly off at any moment due to what I thought was poor surface area contact with the bumper. I wasted so much money on paint and so much time getting them to paint ready condition. I ended up selling them for $60.
Oh for real? Man how much it cost you to paint? DIY or sent it to a shop?

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Oh for real? Man how much it cost you to paint? DIY or sent it to a shop?
So when they arrived they weren't anywhere near paint ready. There were holes is the fiberglass and cracks everywhere. I spent untold amount of hours filling and priming to perfection. I than bought a bunch of 3m wrap but couldn't get around the sharp edges. I ended up using 2k black paint and then Plasti dipped it for protection. The problem is the tiny surface to affix it to the bumper. The glue just squeezes out and it wants to bend out. I finally secured it but thought it looked like a civic. It was laughable how easy it was to remove the from the bumper. The adhesive however was very difficult and ended up taking some paint with it. I get sick when I think about the time and money I wasted on these.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
How is everyone liking their SRS tec bumper flares? I still haven't gotten around to painting and installing mine yet :confused:
10 months and no issues.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Do you have any install photos? Any tips when installing?

I helped install them on Fliptrocities car. Having 2 sets of hands helps. Pretty straight forward, use more adhesive on the bottom than you think you might need. Better to have too much and just wipe off excess than have too little. We made that mistake on one side, after sitting overnight there wasn't enough to get a good bond on the inside bottom to make a secure bond. Easy enough to correct, just annoying.

View attachment 211246

Definitely use more of the supplied adhesive than you think you might need. It's much easier to wipe off and clean excess than it is to put more on after the fact. We never properly got this one fixed on my buddies car, and it didn't hold up to his 100+ mph driving habits. He lost it somewhere, and just ended up taking off the other. But that's definitely more installer error than fault of the product.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have yet to install mine due to fear of not installing it right and have it fly off on the freeway. They're air scoops where the air has nowhere to go.

On the back side of the cover...how did you guys apply the glue? There isn't much contact with the bumper. It looks like you can only run a very thin bead of glue.

Apprarently the ECS cover have been flying off while driving too. They'll send you another one if it flies off. :LOL:

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I have yet to install mine due to fear of not installing it right and have it fly off on the freeway. On the back side of the cover...how did you guys apply the glue? There isn't much contact with the bumper. It looks like you can only run a very thin bead of glue.
Install was alright. It would help if you have c clamps to hold the bottom part. You will need ALOT of glue on the bottom so it can hold on. The bottom didn't stick much you have to hold it down yourself. The adhesive is very soft and gets solid with time. I had problems with holding the flare onto the bumper while I was grabbing the tape. I used painters tape. A stronger tape would work alot better so it can hold it hard until it dries. I left my flares with tape for 2 days I believe. One of my flares (first one I did) looks kinda ugly since I made a mess of glue on the side. Careful with the adhesive as it is very messy and can get on your hands and then your flares and car. I'm sure if you go back some pages on this post I took a picture on how I put glue. Try to fill the entire bottom part with adhesive and even apply some onto the bumper as well, just make sure to take your time and highly highly recommend having someone give you tape while you hold it up cause it will fall off. Wearing rubber gloves may help too with the mess and have some cleaning rags incase.