GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I really like the quad look and wish it was an option for the GTI. I'm on my second downpipe and 3rd catback. I'm happy with the way it sounds, just looking for a more aggressive look now.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I really like the quad look and wish it was an option for the GTI. I'm on my second downpipe and 3rd catback. I'm happy with the way it sounds, just looking for a more aggressive look now.

A few places make a quad outlet GTI valance, I had a customer come in with one.

IIRC he had a Borla CBE that had been modded, and I built & installed a DP for him.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I built a $2,000 catback for her GLI, ran it for a month and took it off to build weld fixtures. Got 4 of 5 done and realized hey nobody’s bought one of these yet and stopped, so I’m well over 2k into it and it was so far for nothing. One of these days I’ll build that last fixture and at least put it back on her car.View attachment 248130View attachment 248131

Can’t get hung up on “misses” as there’s no getting that time/money back. Hopefully someone will buy a GLI CBE someday, at lease the FMIC/DP/MP for them have sold.
I know time is money, and you're not necessarily looking to make Baun Performace a full-time gig, but look in to buying some well placed digital ads to expand your brand awareness. It's a niche product; word of mouth can only go so far, and there's people out there who want to find the best solution, not the cheapest... they just haven't heard of your brand. I'd bet less than 1/10th of the MK7 owners who are enthuasist are on this site and even a smaller number are active members.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I know time is money, and you're not necessarily looking to make Baun Performace a full-time gig, but look in to buying some well placed digital ads to expand your brand awareness. It's a niche product; word of mouth can only go so far, and there's people out there who want to find the best solution, not the cheapest... they just haven't heard of your brand. I'd bet less than 1/10th of the MK7 owners who are enthuasist are on this site and even a smaller number are active members.

My wife did $10 worth of ads for her cookie business she just started, and when I asked this morning she had nine orders on the current “style” she’s doing this week.

https://www.facebook.com/CorascookiesofClover/

It definitely helps, but I’m as busy as I can handle already so no need to over do it. There’s seven guys on the waiting list for the CEL free Gen2 400 cell DP (and accompanying Midpipes, CBE, FMIC with most of them) so later this month when they’re back in stock I’ll be booking several months out.

Plus I’ve got a mountain of parts for this thing once it gets back from paint.
AA524FE2-4A9E-48A8-BC72-43129246E014.jpeg
D509032A-5549-44C1-87CA-6B3E0179B120.jpeg

Full resto-mod build isn’t something I’d normally take on during the summer, but it just keeps getting delayed.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
A few places make a quad outlet GTI valance, I had a customer come in with one.

IIRC he had a Borla CBE that had been modded, and I built & installed a DP for him.

Yeah the nice part about the 7.5s is the r and gti used the same bumper so those valences are interchangeable, that one’s an oem R valence with the eBay/maxton style fins. Unfortunately with the 7s you got to go aftermarket valence or change the full bumper though.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yeah the nice part about the 7.5s is the r and gti used the same bumper so those valences are interchangeable, that one’s an oem R valence with the eBay/maxton style fins. Unfortunately with the 7s you got to go aftermarket valence or change the full bumper though.

I didn’t know the Mk7.5 was interchangeable.

Bassman sent me this, his old setup off his GTI

73CB73B5-E0B9-4427-8C1A-F7420665B5F1.jpeg
75DFFFEE-2779-4B1A-821E-4A374F28074A.jpeg

Another potential option

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Installed an Aerofabb rear diffuser. I got it from a fellow forum member, used. I think this is one of the early ones based on the Aerofabb logo badge and some dates on the instructions. I might even be the third owner so it required a little banging on the aluminum where the bolts go because they were previously over-torqued causing the piece to bend and thus throwing off the alignment. All good, no big deal. It fits perfectly now and looks like an OEM part, which was what I was going for.

tempImagejmHC9x.jpg

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Installed my steering wheel and attempted to install the Ecs center console unlock kit but like many others I stripped one of the bolts attempting to uninstall. It will have to wait for a shop day since I don’t have any ez outs at home.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Hit the dyno. DynoJet 424x.
2016 VW GTI. Tomioka IHX475 turbo, Invidia catless downpipe, CSK Intercooler, APR PEX intake, Beluga Racing exhaust, Brisk ER12 plugs, Sachs SRE clutch. Stock fueling/sensors. Eurodyne Maestro tuned by Railroader/GLS Performance. Tuned for 92 octane (no ethanol here). 28PSI.
412hp/407tq.
Run 2 was taken 15 minutes after run 1 (cool down period); Run 3 was taken right after 2. There was a loss of power; think it might be some kind of limiter in the ECU. But I don't track the car and I'm happy with the results.

Attachments

• dyno.png
    dyno.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Installed my steering wheel and attempted to install the Ecs center console unlock kit but like many others I stripped one of the bolts attempting to uninstall. It will have to wait for a shop day since I don’t have any ez outs at home.
What wheel did you go with? Still waiting on my Zhong Zhong :\