GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So long Baby.. Another '15 Bricked

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
Seems like a good option if you want to keep the DMF, but I have a friend with that same setup and his DMF is starting to fail after just a bit more then a year of sprited driving with a is38 first then a DBV2 about 4-6 months ago

Well that’s disappointing to hear! Do you know what his symptoms are for a failing DMF?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I have a 10/14 build 15. I’ve had a SMF for 20k now without issue, 82k on the car. Driven hard frequently, still doing great!
What clutch do you have, and would you recommend it? Are you tuned?

I have a 9/14 Mexico build date..no problems yet but threads like this are making me worried. I have 60k miles, 10k or so have been Uni stage 2. Still on the stock clutch, but I have way too much money and work on this car to trade it in...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I wonder how long these 4 pucks typically last with mostly daily driving. I would assume less surface area = shorter lifespan.

Not the exact same, but I got 60,000 miles out of my ceramic single disk clutch in my Cummins before it ripped all of the pucks off the disk.

Granted it made 1,100ft lbs of torque and I enjoyed frequent 3,000rpm (red line) 15psi third gear launches with 35x12.5” tires haha

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Not the exact same, but I got 60,000 miles out of my ceramic single disk clutch in my Cummins before it ripped all of the pucks off the disk.

Granted it made 1,100ft lbs of torque and I enjoyed frequent 3,000rpm (red line) 15psi third gear launches with 35x12.5” tires haha
Not exactly the same? Hahaha understatement of the year there!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion

Haha wow. Wtf were you towing with that thing? Cruise ships?

Hoon

Autocross Champion

I ripped 3 pucks off a 6 puck clutch in my DSM.

5500rpm launch spit them right out of the bell housing.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I've been running an SRE for 30k miles, seems to hold fine on IS20....not that it helps anyone. 40k on the stock DMFW.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Alright guys little update on my situation. All my go fast parts were lost in the switch but here is my beautiful 2018 DS fkn G GTI PP .

Because I don't like to learn lessons, I left my UM dealer (done with Apr) 20 minutes ago with their adjustable file, s3 dsg tune cranked up to 27 psi and 94 Oct.

To give you manual owners some perspective this car would've ate my fbo Apr jb4 stacked meth spraying 2015 with room to spare. Ok you dicks, I get it now. xD

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20190418_185249.jpg
    IMG_20190418_185249.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 407