GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
The Price is Right always reminds me of when Vanna White was impossibly gorgeous.

pHIzNFT.gif

They just happened to pick her out of the audience. Totally random.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
giphy (12).gif

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed a new radiator. Couple months ago my water pump started leaking. Poured in some StopLeak to try and fix, it did not. Ordered a new one from FCP (along with a new radiator because I thought mine might be leaking as well). Replaced the water pump 2 weeks ago. Last week one of the coolant hoses to the pump popped off the connector, this week I find my radiator leaking. Did the hose pop off because of the StopLeak, I dont know. The packaging says when exposed to air it "expands up to 15% in size". There definitely was a lot of air in the system after putting in a new water pump, so that sh!t might've gotten in between the hose and the connector and expanded popping the clamp off. And maybe it found a edge inside the radiator and expanded, causing it to leak. Who knows. But I'd stay away from it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Decided to move the smoker to the back yard and knocked a ladder over into the wife’s GLI…felt sick to my stomach and yep, sure as shit my dumbass dented the plastic bumper right under the taillight.

The wife was probably hoping this was a attempt at April fools day shenanigans, but nope this is just regular ol disappointment lol
17BCA7F2-5FFA-4960-B7A1-C58B790EF25D.jpeg
87A770E3-9E0B-4B99-A35A-09324D867659.jpeg
DD06EB81-6295-4C73-9D88-1FEFE192C689.jpeg

Attachments

• 045FBEA9-95B6-44C7-9CB0-FE13D89884B8.jpeg
    045FBEA9-95B6-44C7-9CB0-FE13D89884B8.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 57

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Uhhh......what happened?
I think he was referencing the above post about the ladder denting the bumper.

I installed my hitch this morning! Who needs a bigger suv when I have all this extra space to load on the gti with my cargo carrier?!
C8D7E078-0D63-4F57-AA20-7FEF22638B4C.jpeg

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I installed the EQT Pro Grounding Kit today, took about 30 minutes start to finish. Some of the tabs on my VW harness were super brittle and two of them snapped with almost no pressure, but other than that it was a clean job. Really impressed with the hardware, now I'm trying to figure out of I want to run it behind the coolant tank or not. Also used the little $12 kit from Amazon to pull the pins, worked like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08295ZWL2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best part is, the Term S Short to ground fault code from the OBD scanner is gone.

Short code is back now, but after more research it looks like its due to either the ignition switch, or ignition lock.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    23 MB · Views: 136
  • 3.png
    3.png
    23.9 MB · Views: 150
  • 2.png
    2.png
    22.8 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I installed the EQT Pro Grounding Kit today, took about 30 minutes start to finish. Some of the tabs on my VW harness were super brittle and two of them snapped with almost no pressure, but other than that it was a clean job. Really impressed with the hardware, now I'm trying to figure out of I want to run it behind the coolant tank or not. Also used the little $12 kit from Amazon to pull the pins, worked like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08295ZWL2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best part is, the Term S Short to ground fault code from the OBD scanner is gone.
I have mine going over the engine mount like you. I'd pick up some new hardware too... That's half the reason to use the CKG, avoid using those oval bolts.