GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Still trying to figure out what I need. #1 is stripped, so it probably up for a helicoil.
Helicoil and then M6x1.0 x 45mm. I picked up some 5mm hex cap bolts from Ace Hardware.

Reactions: the

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Decided to move the smoker to the back yard and knocked a ladder over into the wife’s GLI…felt sick to my stomach and yep, sure as shit my dumbass dented the plastic bumper right under the taillight.

The wife was probably hoping this was a attempt at April fools day shenanigans, but nope this is just regular ol disappointment lol
Not too bad to be honest. Some teenager opened their teenage honda's door into my passenger's side last week. Dented and two scratches... feels real good. 4th time for this apartment complex.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Worked on the Tiguan again this weekend…

Got the 2nd pair of wheel adapters in and had the tires swapped over to the 10.5” - real tight fitting the 10.5” up front lol- I’ve got 5mm between the wheel and the shock body and as you can see the outer lips already poking at that point. and Installed the new to me fortune auto 510 coil overs (10k fronts,8k rears right now)
View attachment 241580View attachment 241581View attachment 241582

still going to dial in the heights some more and square up the rear - camber to get the poke to match the fronts better.

But so far - wow to these ride amazing, I was expecting it to be much stiffer, (former setup was 205lbs progressive fronts and 230 rears) but the quality and specs valving of the shocks make it’s still very smooth and crazy predicable and controlled, even with all seasons and oem sway bars it’s flat through a pushing turn. *and yay no more rubbing or crashing thuds on the bumpstops.

*also used the punch on these as well for access to the plates.

View attachment 241579View attachment 241577View attachment 241578

Current stance pics *final buffering

View attachment 241583View attachment 241584View attachment 241585
Are those rear dampers adjustable from the bottom?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Are those rear dampers adjustable from the bottom?
Yes! Which made testing and dialing in the clicks so easy on the Tiguan, because the wheels are 20” and 10 spoke I can easily Kneel down and reach through the wheel to adjust 😂. On the GTI the rear airlift struts use the one with the adjustments on the top so to dial those in I have to put the bags to full lift then get my daughter to reach in there and count the clicks unless I want to pull the wheels to reach them. But airlift is infamous for just using the same parts across platforms in lieu of some R&D… just like the standard dual below bags they use across the board regardless of it being a 3k lbs gti or a 6k lbs Chrysler.

AA913BAE-EC18-45D0-AC62-AEB1DD909742.jpeg

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Stainless speedbleeders all around, plus oil and filter. Took the clutch delay piece out while I had the bleeder block out. Does feel better, closer to my subaru than I remember it being (haven't driven it in months). Next up is the stud conversion and summers back on, when the overnight avg. gets over 40.

Attachments

• 20220402_165355.jpg
    20220402_165355.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Did work today. All in all about 6 hours total to get everything done. Saved myself about $260 after tool purchases.

Started with an oil change, extractors for the win. Required locking funnel picture of oil going into the car, cause that's how we do here.

20220402_125655.jpg
20220402_132027.jpg

Trans mount was a bit of a pain. Shout out to @GTI Jake for his video and recommendation of the Harbor Freight Extensions and U-joints, they were a life saver.
20220402_154957.jpg

Engine mount should have been easier, but I had to undo the bolts and shift it forward slightly to get the anchor bolt by the coolant reservoir to fit.
20220402_163058.jpg

Dogbone insert Done. Bolt fought me coming out, hit it with the impact and it softened up enough to ratchet out. Getting it in was a little bit of a pain, used the wood and jack I was using for the Engine/Transmission mounts to help press it in after I greased it. Got it torqued to 130 ftlbs.
20220402_170722.jpg

Since I had the battery tray out I decided to tackle my broken airbox post. Shout out to @gixxerfool for coming up with this fix! $5 Harbor Freight hack saw made quick work of the broken post. Details here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/fixing-a-loose-airbox.381018/

20220402_171500.jpg
20220402_173229.jpg

Since I had the rest of the intake gutted, tossed on my Amazon special TIP and inlet hose.
20220402_174236.jpg
20220402_174248.jpg

Finally all done!

20220402_184753.jpg

First impression of the BFI stage 1 mounts and the Diesel Powerflex insert (Car is non-diesel) is good. Cold start and reverse are untame at the moment, Drive feels like Sport did on the old mounts once everything warms up, and Sport is a little bit rougher. Hopefully they'll calm down over the next couple hundred miles, but as it is now, I'm happy with the feel, sound, and lack of slop. NVH is livable at the moment, but I'll probably torture myself by driving around in S to help break them in.

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Did work today. All in all about 6 hours total to get everything done. Saved myself about $260 after tool purchases.

Started with an oil change, extractors for the win. Required locking funnel picture of oil going into the car, cause that's how we do here.

View attachment 244740View attachment 244741

Trans mount was a bit of a pain. Shout out to @GTI Jake for his video and recommendation of the Harbor Freight Extensions and U-joints, they were a life saver.
View attachment 244742
Engine mount should have been easier, but I had to undo the bolts and shift it forward slightly to get the anchor bolt by the coolant reservoir to fit.
View attachment 244743

Dogbone insert Done. Bolt fought me coming out, hit it with the impact and it softened up enough to ratchet out. Getting it in was a little bit of a pain, used the wood and jack I was using for the Engine/Transmission mounts to help press it in after I greased it. Got it torqued to 130 ftlbs.
View attachment 244744

Since I had the battery tray out I decided to tackle my broken airbox post. Shout out to @gixxerfool for coming up with this fix! $5 Harbor Freight hack saw made quick work of the broken post. Details here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/fixing-a-loose-airbox.381018/

View attachment 244746View attachment 244747

Since I had the rest of the intake gutted, tossed on my Amazon special TIP and inlet hose.
View attachment 244748View attachment 244749

Finally all done!

View attachment 244750

First impression of the BFI stage 1 mounts and the Diesel Powerflex insert (Car is non-diesel) is good. Cold start and reverse are untame at the moment, Drive feels like Sport did on the old mounts once everything warms up, and Sport is a little bit rougher. Hopefully they'll calm down over the next couple hundred miles, but as it is now, I'm happy with the feel, sound, and lack of slop. NVH is livable at the moment, but I'll probably torture myself by driving around in S to help break them in.
If you find NVH livable now then you should be really happy once the mounts are broken in. All those mods should have a nice noticeable improvement, they did for me at least - minus the kyostar hose which I've been considering along with the APR pex intake

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
If you find NVH livable now then you should be really happy once the mounts are broken in. All those mods should have a nice noticeable improvement, they did for me at least - minus the kyostar hose which I've been considering along with the APR pex intake
No transmission slop is so nice. I'm not used to having power right away from a stop like that, feels like it's always engaged now. Before there would be a little lag when you ease on the gas, probably the engine rocking. Feels great while driving, much more ready to go feeling.

I almost feel like I have a soundakor now thanks to all the engine noise.🤣 I like it though.

Going to log tonight to make sure everything is happy with the changes and hopefully resume tweaking things with E15 once I run out the tank.

IS20 should hopefully be going on in the next few weeks. Gives me some time to figure out a few rattles I've got now. Front plate is one, think my FMIC pipes are hitting the under tray. Might see if I can put some Nioco on it 🤔 once it warms up its not as bad though. Excited to break them in.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
No transmission slop is so nice. I'm not used to having power right away from a stop like that, feels like it's always engaged now. Before there would be a little lag when you ease on the gas, probably the engine rocking. Feels great while driving, much more ready to go feeling.

I almost feel like I have a soundakor now thanks to all the engine noise.🤣 I like it though.

Going to log tonight to make sure everything is happy with the changes and hopefully resume tweaking things with E15 once I run out the tank.

IS20 should hopefully be going on in the next few weeks. Gives me some time to figure out a few rattles I've got now. Front plate is one, think my FMIC pipes are hitting the under tray. Might see if I can put some Nioco on it 🤔 once it warms up its not as bad though. Excited to break them in.
e15? wtf? you're adding 5% eth? why not e30?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
e15? wtf? you're adding 5% eth? why not e30-50%?
Not sure how well the stock fuel system will deal with anything over E18 on the 1.8T. So planned on tuning E15 and running E18 for overhead.

I'm using a JB4 stack on my stage 1 91 octane file. Was able to add about 4-5 PSI to about 21 peak. Got post shift corrections though. E seems to have solved them. Granted I tossed in 2 gallons so probably around E21 right now. Going to see if the corrections are still gone on E15 and go from there.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Not sure how well the stock fuel system will deal with anything over E18 on the 1.8T. So planned on tuning E15 and running E18 for overhead.

I'm using a JB4 stack on my stage 1 91 octane file. Was able to add about 4-5 PSI to about 21 peak. Got post shift corrections though. E seems to have solved them. Granted I tossed in 2 gallons so probably around E21 right now. Going to see if the corrections are still gone on E15 and go from there.
Oh right, didn't think about a GSW possibly flowing less than a 2.0

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

View attachment 244740View attachment 244741

View attachment 244742
View attachment 244743

View attachment 244744

View attachment 244746View attachment 244747

View attachment 244748View attachment 244749

Finally all done!

View attachment 244750

Link to extensions and u joint please. Thanks.