Votes: 14 17.9%
  • I have a 25 lb Android phone

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I use a land line and a beeper

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
I just double tapped to see how many apps are open right now. 44.

I'm always bouncing around a shit ton of apps. I started my day today at 10:30am. It is now 8:47pm and my battery is at 30%

The apps will improve when they all start sending out updates.

I use waze to and from work and some light usage during the day and the phone is dead on the drive home if I don't plug it in in the car.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
bahahaha!

serious talk, a friend is having trouble with her text msgs and email with the ios7. she said it's pretty cool though, it shows virtual rain drops with the weather *bang head* :lol:

McQueen77

Banned
youmadlol
the galaxy s3(4/4s competitor) fits in my pocket perfectly. doesnt slide out. fits in my palm nicely.

now.. with the guys using the galaxy note 2.. yea.. that phone is just stupidly huge.

and i feel this belongs here
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-falling-fake-apple-ios-115719246.html

you rock a cheap plastic samsung phone with an interface and OS that must make you feel like you are looking at a $250 Dell PC laptop from 7 years ago, somehow think its better than the phone that started it all and are too much of a wiener to drive a manual in LA. what would your generation say in this case - epic fail?

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
you rock a cheap plastic samsung phone with an interface and OS that must make you feel like you are looking at a $250 Dell PC laptop from 7 years ago, somehow think its better than the phone that started it all and are too much of a wiener to drive a manual in LA. what would your generation say in this case - epic fail?

which phone started it all? just curious.. :D

McQueen77

Banned
the iPhone is the most important and significant smart phone ever. get over it. you don't have to love it but its not some accident that the iPhone and apple in general are so massive. this is coming from a guy who had blackberry forever and almost refused to get the iPhone. i even looked at the depressing poor man's dell PC phones like the one mycros runs a constant commercial for in his signature, and it just wasn't as nice, didn't seem as functional etc. felt and looked cheap. people want nice things. people want things that have elegant design. people want powerful devices.

http://www.wired.com/gadgets/wireless/magazine/16-02/ff_iphone?currentPage=all

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
The new iMessage is cool, as the blue looks great.

Great point. I agree.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
which phone started it all? just curious.. :D

Brief History of the Smartphone

Smartphones are actually a relatively new piece of technology.

1992 – The first smartphone was invented by IBM in 1992. It was nicknamed, “Simon,” and had a plethora of features including a calendar, address book, calculator, email service, and even a touch screen. At $899.00, though, most people could not afford it.
1996 – Nokia launched a series of smartphones in the late ’90s that were basically a cross between a cell phone and a PDA.
2000 – Ericsson developed the R380, a touch screen smartphone that used the Symbian operating system and had a foldable keyboard. It was the first all-in-one device to actually be called a smartphone.
2002 – This was the year the smartphone revolution really took off. Blackberry was introduced with its email services, as well as the Palm Treo and its full QWERTY keyboard and Ericsson’s P800 model. Several new features were added to smartphones including the MP3 player, camera, and wireless technology. Exchange Email also became popular.
2005 – The N-Series of smartphones was introduced to the market by Sony Ericsson. These devices were targeted at business people because of their computing capabilities.
2007 – Apple’s coveted iPhone was introduced with its massive app store.
2008 – The open-source, Android operating system started to take off, supported by Google, Intel, HTC, and a variety of other developers.
Now – New smartphones are constantly being introduced to the market by all the major players. The focus is currently on getting faster Internet speeds.

http://mail2web.com/blog/2011/05/smartphone-revolution-growth-smartphones-exchange-activesync/

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
the iPhone is the most important and significant smart phone ever. get over it. you don't have to love it but its not some accident that the iPhone and apple in general are so massive. this is coming from a guy who had blackberry forever and almost refused to get the iPhone. i even looked at the dell PC phones like the one mycros runs a constant commercial for in his signature, and it just wasn't as nice, didn't seem as functional etc. people want nice things. people want things that have elegant design.

significant, agreed. jobs did a great job (no pun intended) putting together old techs available into one beautiful design, and, he marketed it well.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Back when the 3GS came out, I simultaneously tested the palm pre and iPhone for 30 days with the intent of keeping the better phone. Apple won that round. The only things that have me looking elsewhere would be battery life and durability, neither of which exist in one phone. I'd love to find a phone that suits me better than the iPhone but I haven't found it yet. I'm a tech guy so whatever phone you think fits the bill I've already looked at.

Sorry, all you "Android sucks and you are stupid for using it" make me laugh. I am a die hard Android user, but am also realistic. Prior to the Galaxy S3, I will fully admit that Android was a geek's OS. Hardware and OS were unpolished and laggy. But still more capable than iOS, especially iOS 5 and below. How long did it take iPhone to get true turn by turn nav? Copy & paste? Hell, I had both of those on Windows mobile 5, which of course sucked rocks for overall polish and stability.

I recommend different phones for different folks, have encouraged many people to get iPhones, and have no problem with it, even given my preference for Android. Samsung, while certainly an "I can do that too, and I will throw in 500 other useless features to beat you", has really raised the bar and brought Android into the mainstream. My note 2, while a massive phone, fits my massive hands perfectly. My non-massive wife wants one bad. This phone is polished, fast, and extremely capable. The HTC one appears to be also, although I don't think HTC is long for this world, at least in its current form.

I could argue that anything your iPhone can do, my android can do just as well, plus two or three other things you can't. For me, and yes this is my opinion, there is a huge fail list for iPhone: tiny screen, non removable battery or expandable memory, not allowing third party applications to share data, no Swype (or Swype-ish) keyboard, limited email attachments, no accessible file system, can't attach usb devices, and there are probably more that would directly affect me. I didn't mention shit like nfc, because that is a big fail in and of itself.

Another thing I hate is how Apple sues the pants off of other companies for copying, yet doesn't even acknowledge how much they copied. Pull down notifications, control center, card app view immediately come to mind. Stevie himself said "Good artists copy, great ones steal"... They all do it, just move on and innovate for the sake of all that is holy.

Apple's superior initial product drove the market, and we are all better for it. They stopped innovating in my opinion and got behind, while still having a great but somewhat stale product. iOS 7 is a lot of catch-up. And Samsung is trying too hard, instead of focusing on reaching Apple's level of polish.

I would be the happiest phone geek in the world if I could have Android functionality with the super clean integration of Apple products, both PC to phone and with aftermarket, like the upcoming awesome automotive interfaces becoming available soon.

But hey, this is all my opinion, and although McQueen77's retarded comment inspired my long winded novella, everyone can think and buy what they want. Even the three personal BlackBerry users that are left.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
"I could argue that anything your iPhone can do, my android can do just as well, plus two or three other things you can't. For me, and yes this is my opinion, there is a huge fail list for iPhone:
tiny screen, meh, screen is fine
non removable battery or agreed
expandable memory, agreed
not allowing third party applications to share data, no idea what you mean
no Swype (or Swype-ish) keyboard, keyboard is fine for me
limited email attachments, what do you mean, office docs?
no accessible file system, sort of agree, but hasn't been an issue, at all
can't attach usb devices, agree, proprietary connection blows
and there are probably more that would directly affect me. I didn't mention shit like nfc, because that is a big fail in and of itself."