GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
the ARM pan looks like overpriced garbage to me.

View attachment 293459

sure, the OE pan doesn't have any baffling. but where the fuck is the baffling on the ARM pan? lol. there's nothing here to "ensure the oil pickup remains submerged" compared to the OE pan. for that price you really should just buy the iAbed pan.

ARM is a trash company, literally just Chinese e commerce clones of other companies parts.

I’m surprised it’s not $150, Zhong Zhong is eating lobster when those sell for $600 lol

UtahMK7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 R

View attachment 293459

sure, the OE pan doesn't have any baffling. but where the fuck is the baffling on the ARM pan? lol. there's nothing here to "ensure the oil pickup remains submerged" compared to the OE pan. for that price you really should just buy the iAbed pan.
Allegedly it's the angles on the interior of the pan that allow it to stay submerged. I'm willing to try it though, paid for it with a random assortment of parts I had in my garage lol if the motor starves and goes knock knock, then it gets pulled and built.

GRM

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15/GTI MT 23/GTI DSG
Last week I installed a Cobb cat back exhaust. Nice sound, boomy, but a bit loud for my taste. For sale half price in the classified section.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Some smoke on startup. Oil pooling at the bottom of TIP. Compression test was good. Haven't done leak down yet so I replaced PCV. Figure I'll know in a few days if this was the fix.
PXL_20231013_204411127.jpg

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got my V4 Clubsports installed, and my reupholstered door cards! Still missing an engine but I'll take some progress!
DSC00247.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Only pan I considered was alltrack that connects to the frame, but with my FMIC, no bueno
Yeah, the ECS also connects to the chassis, but as the Alltrack it won't work with the FMIC. Maybe when I install my twin I will see if there is something that could be done. I've been considering the ECS shield.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yeah, the ECS also connects to the chassis, but as the Alltrack it won't work with the FMIC. Maybe when I install my twin I will see if there is something that could be done. I've been considering the ECS shield.

I have customers running ECS street shield with my FMIC, it just barely rubs the drivers side charge pipe, but as mentioned no room for their optional frame brackets.

My neighbor has a CNC plasma & a pile of aluminum we’re planning to explore options with.

I’m thinking a chassis mounted flat bottom splitter/skid plate, but also don’t know how I feel about running a splitter on a daily.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have customers running ECS street shield with my FMIC, it just barely rubs the drivers side charge pipe, but as mentioned no room for their optional frame brackets.

My neighbor has a CNC plasma & a pile of aluminum we’re planning to explore options with.

I’m thinking a chassis mounted flat bottom splitter/skid plate, but also don’t know how I feel about running a splitter on a daily.
Do it!!!! I’ll be first in line

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

View attachment 293459

Yep! If I were to upgrade my oil pan, still rocking the stock one, it would be the iABED pan.