What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Wish I'd seen this. Just pulled the trigger on the ISweep oil pan

What's the return policy lol they just released this pan recently I believe. Regardless anything is better than the plastic one.

holy crap that's an expensive oil pan! Looks pretty though.....regardless, happy with my plain old steel pan lol

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Pulled the trigger on an ARM motorsports billet oil pan. Since they are on sale right now. I'm going to run out of fun things to buy soon. Posted the link for anyone looking for a sweet upgrade.

https://www.armmotorsports.com/products/mqb-billet-oil-pan
I looked at that one myself but ultimately bought the Wortec- for numerous reasons.

Uses factory O ring (instead of gasket maker/sealant)
pre-tapped for oil temp sensor
ported and plugged for oil cooler if I want to add it later
increased oil capacity (by 1 liter)
magnetic drain plug
has a baffle/wall around the oil pickup

-expensive yes, but I feel the price is justified. USP has them in stock.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/prod...MI2eGx2Y_zgQMVrVRHAR10lwQCEAQYBiABEgIX6PD_BwE

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
holy crap that's an expensive oil pan! Looks pretty though.....regardless, happy with my plain old steel pan lol
Well at least yours will just dent and not break when hit. 😂

Everyone said don't do it for additional cooling, but I can't help it. Have to try it myself

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well at least yours will just dent and not break when hit. 😂
I'll be honest.....it's already paid for itself....bottomed out on a rut driving to a Spartan Race hundreds of miles from home.....no issue

UtahMK7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I looked at that one myself but ultimately bought the Wortec- for numerous reasons.

Uses factory O ring (instead of gasket maker/sealant)
pre-tapped for oil temp sensor
ported and plugged for oil cooler if I want to add it later
increased oil capacity (by 1 liter)
magnetic drain plug
has a baffle/wall around the oil pickup

-expensive yes, but I feel the price is justified. USP has them in stock.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/prod...MI2eGx2Y_zgQMVrVRHAR10lwQCEAQYBiABEgIX6PD_BwE
Nice, that one sounds like a solid piece for sure! I just got a killer deal on it installed from my homie that's a dealer for ARM it was hard to pass up. Should hopefully be in soon. It's a wildly easy job to do at home but I work on cars for a living so might as well support the homie 😂

scrllock

Autocross Champion
the ARM pan looks like overpriced garbage to me.

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 5.17.53 PM.png

sure, the OE pan doesn't have any baffling. but where the fuck is the baffling on the ARM pan? lol. there's nothing here to "ensure the oil pickup remains submerged" compared to the OE pan. for that price you really should just buy the iAbed pan.