GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Installed the new steering wheel.

Finally got around to installing the Superpro front sway bar that I've had since the fall. Getting wheel alignment done on Tuesday.

IMG_20220528_230318.jpg

IMG_20220528_230800.jpg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
@Chet Ubetcha ’s Rennwagen side spoiler extensions with winglets installed!

mind you, if u were on the fence cuz they seem difficult to install. Stop. @Javwohl installed them for me and commented just how damn easy it was to do the install. He didn’t even jack the car up!

between the Rennwagen type 2 spoiler extension, Clubsport Tcr rear diffuser and the Rennwagen side spoiler extension with winglets. It’s giving the GTI this really nice subtle aggressive energy!

what do y’all think?

Attachments

• 5788E550-2CE6-4636-8CCF-FBD41942892F.jpeg
    5788E550-2CE6-4636-8CCF-FBD41942892F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • E7556EF7-6BE6-4715-AF19-0D5D01A70059.jpeg
    E7556EF7-6BE6-4715-AF19-0D5D01A70059.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 9F592ED8-E85B-49D0-A56F-C64C0EE0F80F.jpeg
    9F592ED8-E85B-49D0-A56F-C64C0EE0F80F.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Wife's Tiguan didn't pass inspection (at a VW dealership) solely because her control arm bushing were worn. I've never heard of that before. I feel like any non-VW dealership shop would have passed it, but she had a coupon for the dealership.
This is the woman's surcharge.

My sister got the same treatment from a VW dealership that I also go to. They sold her rear brakes on her Tiguan at 37k

I've gotten loaner cars for tire rotations and oil changes just because I told them I didn't want to hang around and wait.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
About the hotspot...
You mean physically hidden, or you hid the SSID? If the latter, you're going to want to unhide that. Devices connected to a hidden wifi network have to constantly re-ping that network to ensure they're still connected. Puts a significant drain on battery life (say for a cell phone).
It's physically hidden when the armrest door is closed. Coincidentally, its SSID is hidden most of the time because the WiFi is disabled unless I specifically need it. The vast majority of my need is addressed through the Ethernet port.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
This is the woman's surcharge.

My sister got the same treatment from a VW dealership that I also go to. They sold her rear brakes on her Tiguan at 37k

I've gotten loaner cars for tire rotations and oil changes just because I told them I didn't want to hang around and wait.
Yup. That’s all that was. Regrettably, female kind gets bullied hard by vultures with mechanical aptitude

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I use a ddock. I like it because my phone slides in, charges while I'm driving, and it fits perfectly in the cubby.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I need one, I’m sick of putting my phone in the cup holder…anywhere else and it gets launched across the car
Mine stays put in the ddocks. I've forgotten it was there when autocrossing.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Gave it a full wash, and hit the rear hatch & bumper with my DA and Meguiars 205, all while finishing the leftovers from yesterday's brake swap @dtfd brought over. You wouldn't think marshmallow would be a good beer ingredient, but it works...

20220529_163340.jpg

Last edited: