GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks for making the parts for us, I like being able to put parts on my car that I can be proud of.

My goal is that someday decades from now, when Mk7s are like Mk2 age, people will find Baun Performance parts to buy used and be excited to own something American made & period correct for their then “classic” ICE powered VW.

It’s been a ton of fun developing the product line & building the brand, so thanks for being a part of the group who allowed me that opportunity (to do what I truly enjoy), even if it’s not a full time thing.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Full detail including clay bar and turtle wax seal and shine. Prepping for the California summer sun.

A8F67837-FD12-4D6A-ADD8-DF1471D0A0DA.jpeg

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
CEL free 4” DP with a 4.5” 850hp rated cat?

Yeah, I was done spending money too but here we are lol.

Hi Jake
Been running a 4” DP & Gessi gen2 4.5” for a couple of months now ,its a great combo 👍. Its not power restrictive and less odour than my previous DP . With these cats there’s no need to go catless anymore .
The other mod done ,from the cat back to the rear resonator the 3” pipe is almost straight and is neatly tuck up with clearance in the centre tunnel got rid of unecessary bends in the original pipe .
Cheers

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I want that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Flashed my EQT vortex base map and did some logs for Matt. Even if it doesn't get faster it already drives nicer. I have so many parts and stuff to do over the next few days so I'll be updating my build thread and hopefully with pictures.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Spontaneously drove out and did tail of the dragon today, 1 bucket list item down. Dashcammed the whole thing... some guy in a Chevelle was out there being a fucking maniac. Blew me away and then I found him down the mountain getting pulled over.

If you squint your eyes you can see my red mk7 in the back right there.

Here's a snip from the drive with the Chevelle on Sunday. Keep in mind, this trip was not planned at all, I was on all season tires, it was my first time at the tail, and my only goal was staying in my lane. In the future I'll consider a roof mount camera.

Bonus points if anyone can tell me what the fuck that squeaking is.... I think it's the DV but not sure. Maybe the Powerflex wasn't lubricated.

Also IDK why the video jumps by 4 minutes, I am assuming one of the clips corrupted while it was converting. If your dashcam gives the option, set the clips to the smallest interval possible folks.

Last edited:

JL33T

Ready to race!
Changed out the spark plugs since upgrading to stg 2 unitronic. It is the overrun tune. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Kind of like it but kinda distracting at times. Switching to normal quiets it down a ton.

Attachments

• F3F35970-ED28-484E-B31D-0DB6BC00F19F.jpeg
    F3F35970-ED28-484E-B31D-0DB6BC00F19F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • EB7F389E-1526-4B58-A539-07DA67ABAFF3.jpeg
    EB7F389E-1526-4B58-A539-07DA67ABAFF3.jpeg
    651.1 KB · Views: 46

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got rear ended by a guy on my way to the race track for my season opener. Luckily was very low speed and there was no visible damage but fuck me my heart sank to the bottom of the earth when it happened. 30 Liters of MS109 in the back too which luckily stayed in their containers.

Swapped info, took pics and proceeded on to a fantastic track day with my new tw200 tires and DS1.11 pads. It was pretty poor in the wet but once the dry line opened up holy hell what a difference versus PS4S. SO. MUCH. FASTER.
1651591157996.png

Waiting on photos and video from the event and will post em in my member journal thread once I get them.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Got rear ended by a guy on my way to the race track for my season opener. Luckily was very low speed and there was no visible damage but fuck me my heart sank to the bottom of the earth when it happened. 30 Liters of MS109 in the back too which luckily stayed in their containers.

Swapped info, took pics and proceeded on to a fantastic track day with my new tw200 tires and DS1.11 pads. It was pretty poor in the wet but once the dry line opened up holy hell what a difference versus PS4S. SO. MUCH. FASTER.
View attachment 248100

Waiting on photos and video from the event and will post em in my member journal thread once I get them.
Dude... That's serious. Glad you're ok.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Dude... That's serious. Glad you're ok.
Thanks man I was rattled AF and riding the wrong kind of adrenaline high in the morning. I put in a full 2 hours of seat time at the track and took a passenger for the driest session and almost got him to hurl. Achievement unlocked lol. My mind was mashed potato by the time I got home.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
What's that in your tow hook spot? A Go Pro mount?
Pretty close. Put an insta 360 into the mount for a session. The footage looked fucking AMAZING and am waiting on my friend to send it on over and will upload it to YT.