GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touch panel Climatronic retrofit

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
Now that I have the 9.2" Discover touch screen in my MK7.5 Golf R, I have been eying the Touch panel Climatronic retrofit.

However, I wanted to do a genuine VW retrofit with the Tiguan panel (which seems possible from a few random posts I've seen elsewhere).

Is this possible? Or is there at least a more OEM route to do the retrofit aside from Aliexpress offerings?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I'm pretty sure the touch panels from aliexpress are oem for the Chinese market. I had a climatronic panel from aliexpress for a year and a half. Never had a problem.

Come to think, I don't think I've ever had a problem with an aliexpress module in the 3 years I've been buying stuff from the site.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
I'm pretty sure the touch panels from aliexpress are oem for the Chinese market. I had a climatronic panel from aliexpress for a year and a half. Never had a problem.

Come to think, I don't think I've ever had a problem with an aliexpress module in the 3 years I've been buying stuff from the site.
Do you have a definitive coding guide for necessary changes? I can't find any. Closest was a thread were someone was trying to go from non-climatronic to climatronic touch and it was a mess. Or is it plug and play if you already have Climatronic?

Also, for the Aliexpress (Chinese OEM), does the Clean Air button do anything?

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
It won't do anything in a NAR vehicle. You could retrofit the clean air sensor I suppose, if you really want it to work.
Nah, more just curious if it served a different function for NAR (like engaging Sync since the button is in the same spot where Sync would be for the Arteon/Tiguan panel)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Gotcha... If you have them could you post the links to where people are using the Tiguan panel.

I also have MIB 2.5 with the 9" all touch screen, and Mk8 MFSW with touch buttons. The touch climate controls would round it all out but I don't want that Clean Air button. If I had it I would retrofit whatever is necessary for that button to work but I would prefer to just have the Max A/C button.

Edit: Because late at night is when I do my best research/waste the most money 🤦🏿‍♂️

Seems there are a few options for these panels, without Clean Air...

3G8907044 without seat heating
3G8907044 A with seat heating
3G8907044 C with seat heating and parking heating (webasto)
3G8907044 D with seat heating and seat ventilation
This one is interesting to me, with Mk8 seats and a facelift BCM (which has adaptations for vented seats) I guess ventilated seat retrofit becomes a real option 😬.
3G8907044 E with all of the above (seat heating, seat ventilation, parking heating
Credit this link on Ross-Tech, these seem to be "Arteon" panels.

Then there are "Tiguan" panels...
5NA907044AK with heated seats and parking heater (webasto) @xabhax 😆
5NA907044AJ with heated seats

None have a Max A/C button but that's just a shortcut to A/C on, Recirculation on and lowest temp selection. Not a necessary button.

Last edited:

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
Gotcha... If you have them could you post the links to where people are using the Tiguan panel.

I also have MIB 2.5 with the 9" all touch screen, and Mk8 MFSW with touch buttons. The touch climate controls would round it all out but I don't want that Clean Air button. If I had it I would retrofit whatever is necessary for that button to work but I would prefer to just have the Max A/C button.

Edit: Because late at night is when I do my best research/waste the most money 🤦🏿‍♂️

This one is interesting to me, with Mk8 seats and a facelift BCM (which has adaptations for vented seats) I guess ventilated seat retrofit becomes a real option 😬.
3G8907044 E with all of the above (seat heating, seat ventilation, parking heating

None have a Max A/C button but that's just a shortcut to A/C on, Recirculation on and lowest temp selection. Not a necessary button.
Thanks!!

Only thing left is what coding would be required with one of those panels you listed...or should it be the same vcds steps as the Chinese ones

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

Oo ventilated seats. The CC seats I used for memory retrofit had ventilation. The buttons for it were seperate and on the seats. Des t seem like it would have been hard to get it to work. Kinda regretting removing all that stuff now.

I've been looking at porsche macan seats with pneumatic bolsters, ventilation, heat, memory, massage. Black leather and red inserts. Very nice. Not sure if they are 2500 dollars nice though.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
These are EU/US panels so I would expect VCDS or Obdeleven can code them and/or run basic settings as needed.
Only thing I can't find a definitive answer on: do I need to copy the coding of my existing Climatronic panel in VCDS to the new panel?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That would be a good start. But it's also worth looking at the options in your long coding, maybe taking pictures.

The new panel could have the same options but in different bits. Or they could all be exact matches.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Only thing I can't find a definitive answer on: do I need to copy the coding of my existing Climatronic panel in VCDS to the new panel?
The coding for me, from climate to climatronic didn't match up. The coding is pretty self explanatory, for the climatronic panels. I can't imagine thr touches are and different

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
The coding for me, from climate to climatronic didn't match up. The coding is pretty self explanatory, for the climatronic panels. I can't imagine thr touches are and different
Do you know the part # for the bezel/trim?