GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touch panel Climatronic retrofit

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Take an auto scan of your car, or just module 8 - HVAC. When you put the new panel in match the coding of the new 8 - HVAC to the coding from your scan.

Just as a general thing with VCDS, take an auto-scan and full adaptation map of your entire car and save it somewhere... before making changes or replacing anything. That way you can always get back to everything working. Even if it means temporary re-installing an original part while you figure out what's wrong with the new (if you're ever in that situation).

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
Take an auto scan of your car, or just module 8 - HVAC. When you put the new panel in match the coding of the new 8 - HVAC to the coding from your scan.

Just as a general thing with VCDS, take an auto-scan and full adaptation map of your entire car and save it somewhere... before making changes or replacing anything. That way you can always get back to everything working. Even if it means temporary re-installing an original part while you figure out what's wrong with the new (if you're ever in that situation).
Got it.

I more meant for matching the new coding, is there an easy way to copy and paste/import it in VCDS or do I just manually change the values myself?

And if manually, is it just the Long Coding string I change?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
When you choose coding the first screen that will pop up is just going to be the string. You can copy/paste as you wish. Personally I would still use the long coding helper with my old panel and either take pictures or record a video as you go to each byte.

Then after pasting/saving the long coding string into the new panel I would use the long coding helper again and go through to compare to what I saw before just in case the bit for an option has changed.

Sometimes a newer module might also have an option that your old one didn't that you want to enable.

But to more directly answer your question, yes you can just blind copy/paste the long coding string.

You could also check adaptations of the old versus the new. Probably not many adaptations in the HVAC panel. And you can probably get away with not meeting with them.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
When you choose coding the first screen that will pop up is just going to be the string. You can copy/paste as you wish. Personally I would still use the long coding helper with my old panel and either take pictures or record a video as you go to each byte.

Then after pasting/saving the long coding string into the new panel I would use the long coding helper again and go through to compare to what I saw before just in case the bit for an option has changed.

Sometimes a newer module might also have an option that your old one didn't that you want to enable.

But to more directly answer your question, yes you can just blind copy/paste the long coding string.

You could also check adaptations of the old versus the new. Probably not many adaptations in the HVAC panel. And you can probably get away with not meeting with them.
Thank you!