GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR Golf 1.8 TSI MK7 to 7.5 Tail Light Issue

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
I have a Golf R with the halogen tails. Is there a difference in the programming of the tails for them? I live in Canada.

So even though the AKD listing on Aliexpress says that there is a harness included, it isn't/the seller messed up?
View attachment 184663

Well that seems like what I have, just one wire. that is to INNER amber signal power. Which is below pic
1598975539075.png

Good for the R ;). my 1.8T was missing a hole for the wiring so you should be good like the GTI

I got my lights (headlight also) from "AKD Automotive Accessories Co., Ltd" 1976 followers

it seems like the seller upgraded his/her pictures after my purchase and discussion with them, they never knew their product has to do some wiring until I private message Via AliExpress LOL.
'

MESSAGE the seller! ask for UPS shipping. you pay around $40-$50 CAD more but it is freaking fast. that was 2 months ago for me. i imagine even better now!

You have to pay around $35-40 duties via tracking number btw!

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Well that seems like what I have, just one wire. that is to INNER amber signal power. Which is below pic
View attachment 184671
Good for the R ;). my 1.8T was missing a hole for the wiring so you should be good like the GTI

I got my lights (headlight also) from "AKD Automotive Accessories Co., Ltd" 1976 followers

it seems like the seller upgraded his/her pictures after my purchase and discussion with them, they never knew their product has to do some wiring until I private message Via AliExpress LOL.

Rest in piece my wallet. Ordered. I'll let you know how it goes and post a thread reviewing it so its easily available for others to follow!

I asked for free UPS shipping and they obliged! Sucks about the duties though - hopefully he declares them low!

Last edited:

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Rest in piece my wallet. Ordered. I'll let you know how it goes and post a thread reviewing it so its easily available for others to follow!

I asked for free UPS shipping and they obliged! Sucks about the duties though - hopefully he declares them low!

the seller does declare it low. hence $35-40 i paid.

Last edited:

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
0. learn as much and re watch the wiring videos 20+ times, get all needed tools for removal of interior parts (plastic pryers from AliExpress)
1. YES
2. there is NO harness, just wires for plugging into original sockets. Yellow wire is new and it goes from OUTTER lights to INNER light. (but you have to do wiring for actual use) You can plug the yellow from OUTTER to INNER light everything works (minus coding ofc)

3. & 4. YES

Do you have the GTI/R or Golf 1.4T/1.8T ?
Tail lights arrived - your instructions don’t seem to make the amber turn signals work at all unfortunately.

Would you be able to share the coding on your lights please?
Thanks!

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Can anyone explain why I cannot simply repin and program Leuchte27 to be the Brake lights on both sides (move it to 20 and 21), and then repin Leuchte20 and 21 to where Leuchte27 is to get the Amber signals working without having to bridge over the reverse wires?

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Can anyone explain why I cannot simply repin and program Leuchte27 to be the Brake lights on both sides (move it to 20 and 21), and then repin Leuchte20 and 21 to where Leuchte27 is to get the Amber signals working without having to bridge over the reverse wires?

After studying the crap out of two different forums + this one with the PIN diagrams, NAR (north American) connectors are missing one/two wires hence.
Therefore other 3rd party taillights require adapters. ALiExpress thankfully simply need some coding.

Tail lights arrived - your instructions don’t seem to make the amber turn signals work at all, unfortunately.

Would you be able to share the coding on your lights please?
Thanks!

I made sure I have everything as default before i did the coding. For Leuchte27NSL RC6 (Lasttyp 27) from "36 - LED Kelinleistung" TO "not active"
Screenshot_20200912-190620.jpg

^ this disable amber light being turn on all the time.

there is NO NEED to RE PIN!
I did not re PIN anything

Last edited:

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
After studying the crap out of two different forums + this one with the PIN diagrams, NAR (north American) connectors are missing one/two wires hence.
Therefore other 3rd party taillights require adapters. ALiExpress thankfully simply need some coding.
Hey!
Would you mind explaining how the Aliexpress ones work without having to repin? I can’t figure out how the ambers can flash not using Leuchte27. Is there some sort of switching mechanism in the tail lights that switches signals between brake lights and turn?

Would you be able to tell me the channel that your car is coded to do the turn signal? The coding instruction should be called Blinken links I think.

Last edited:

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
Hey!
Would you mind explaining how the Aliexpress ones work without having to repin?

Same here... put everything back to stock coding, with the exception of adding Zero’s step 5, after installing these and can’t get the dynamic signals to work.

Cssoz, would you mind sharing your settings for:
Leuchte20BR
Leuchte21BR
Leuchte23SL
Leuchte24SL

At my wits end. Haha

Last edited:

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Same here... put everything back to stock coding, with the exception of adding Zero’s step 5, after installing these and can’t get the dynamic signals to work.

Cssoz, would you mind sharing your settings for:
Leuchte20BR
Leuchte21BR
Leuchte23SL
Leuchte24SL

At my wits end. Haha
Hello!

I'm out at 3am in the morning lol still. I don't have my odb11 with me.

But I have literally the same as settings Zero's chart. I doubled check and made sure it's all factory and change it one at a time.

Now for your taillights. Did you get the one with the yello wire? That powers the signal lights

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Hello!

I'm out at 3am in the morning lol still. I don't have my odb11 with me.

But I have literally the same as settings Zero's chart. I doubled check and made sure it's all factory and change it one at a time.

Now for your taillights. Did you get the one with the yello wire? That powers the signal lights
Yeah I did get the one with the single yellow wire sticking out. Even when plugged in it doesn’t work.

May I kindly ask you where you got your default settings from? The ones from Zero’s chart don’t seem to work in getting the amber tails running.

Last edited:

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Hey!
Would you mind explaining how the Aliexpress ones work without having to repin? I can’t figure out how the ambers can flash not using Leuchte27. Is there some sort of switching mechanism in the tail lights that switches signals between brake lights and turn?

Would you be able to tell me the channel that your car is coded to do the turn signal? The coding instruction should be called Blinken links I think.
Why can't you use Leuchte27?
, I caame home at 5 this morning. I'll explain it asap. I'll do my best.

Leuchte27 belongs to the most right pin for the connector on either side. It's meant for the "tiny red side marker" that's for the road, and your old lights have the night light on, you will see them. Pretty useless Imo.
Safety, North Amercian thing.

This Leuchte27 must be turned off! As it's to power the side markers

As your code it as turn signal through Zero’s chart, it convert that and also the "light intensity" from 100 - 10. I don't see any difference but I just followed it maybe for the ecu.

Allow me to get a bit more if I can.

I'll go on my computer and make a step by step of what I did, using the history of my obd11.

Are all of you using obdeleven to code? Or other ones?

Last edited:

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Do not re-pin any connectors. From the car or the Aliexpress taillights! Leave all as it is! Or reverse it!

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Why can't you use Leuchte27?
, I caame home at 5 this morning. I'll explain it asap. I'll do my best.

Leuchte27 belongs to the most right pin for the connector on either side. It's meant for the "tiny red side marker" that's for the road, and your old lights have the night light on, you will see them. Pretty useless Imo.
Safety, North Amercian thing.

This Leuchte27 must be turned off! As it's to power the side markers

As your code it as turn signal through Zero’s chart, it convert that and also the "light intensity" from 100 - 10. I don't see any difference but I just followed it maybe for the ecu.

Allow me to get a bit more if I can.

I'll go on my computer and make a step by step of what I did, using the history of my obd11.

Are all of you using obdeleven to code? Or other ones?
I’m using obd11.

If 27 is turned off, what other channel turns on the amber signals?

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
I’m using obd11.

If 27 is turned off, what other channel turns on the amber signals?
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 = controller to search for

Change from 36 - LED Kleinleistung to 38 - LED Blinkleuchten

This should do it for both a sides. From what I recall

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 = controller to search for

Change from 36 - LED Kleinleistung to 38 - LED Blinkleuchten

This should do it for both a sides. From what I recall
That’s what I have right now and it turns on both the left and right ambers when I turn on either turn signal. How do I separate them?

Can you please share your coding of the entire lights system?

I noticed something interesting with the outer lights - if you program it to DRLs, but set the dimming value to 100, the lighting assembly will turn on the brake lights and turn off the DRLs automatically. It seems that there is some sort of a controller in the light fixture that changes the light (brake vs DRL) based on the signal strength.

Last edited: