GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So what coding do I need to change to be able increase and decrease the zoom on the map in the cluster?
And would I need to change my steering wheel buttons?
There is no zoom control. You can just press OK on the wheel to switch between the normal and enlarged view, instead of going into that menu like in your last pic.

If you have navigation active the map will dynamically zoom sometimes, when you're coming up on an exit off of the highway for example. It does at some other times too but there's no manual control of it.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
There is no zoom control. You can just press OK on the wheel to switch between the normal and enlarged view, instead of going into that menu like in your last pic.

If you have navigation active the map will dynamically zoom sometimes, when you're coming up on an exit off of the highway for example. It does at some other times too but there's no manual control of it.
I finally found a video with it but at the 6:00 minute mark you can see him adjusting his map.

FlorentDB

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7.5

Yes there is zoom, you can zoom in and out the map in the copilot upp to like 50km haha

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yes there is zoom, you can zoom in and out the map in the copilot upp to like 50km haha
Care to post up how to zoom then instead of just saying that it can be done? The question has been asked here before and the collective knowledge (at the time) was that it couldn't be done. If not, we do appreciate your input :rolleyes:.

FlorentDB

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7.5
Care to post up how to zoom then instead of just saying that it can be done? The question has been asked here before and the collective knowledge (at the time) was that it couldn't be done. If not, we do appreciate your input :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• 20220315_073716.jpg
    20220315_073716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 237
  • 20220315_073706.jpg
    20220315_073706.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 90

FlorentDB

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7.5
Not that i know, i did retrofit my MIB2.5 Pro from mib2 just beacuse so that i can use the navi on the copilot, only coding i did was to code the copilot si that it shows the map on the screen

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have MIB 2.5 as well. But I had digital dash with maps on MIB II also. Still no manual zoom in dash. The arrows always showed destinations... strange.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
I have MIB 2.5 as well. But I had digital dash with maps on MIB II also. Still no manual zoom in dash. The arrows always showed destinations... strange.
I still haven’t put my MIB2.5 in yet. I wonder if when I do this will change. And if so we can compare our coding after.

I also have to wonder if this is a NA vs ROW thing.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R