GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
No, EQT stage 2 93 only. And yes, 28 is peak with a taper to 18. Could y'all imagine an IS20 holding 28 all the way to redline :oops:?

You're seeing good temps and wastegate values from the dropping pressure with increasing airflow, that lightens the load on the IC.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion

HAHAHAHHAA

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I mean it was an honest question, eqt can go to 28psi and taper to 18 why couldnt jb4, i’m not goning to go switch it tonight el big AJ, But I agree, there are a lot of dumb dumbs like me who could see that and go send it

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

Which is even more baffling due to documented flow characteristics of the NS cooler. Taper is typical of the IS20, has less top end, but good bottom end. Knew a girl like that once. Nice. 😁

Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Nope.

Hard to tell with such a short bit of a quote, but I was probably explaining why you can see lower peak boost while making the same power with an aftermarket intercooler

Directed to git_fan, but since you are listening (😁), how (TF) does an IC with much less charted flow than OE still produce good peak boost, hold taper, maintain good waste gate duty, AND lower IAT to 10 over??