GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 TSI Exhaust Conversion into GTI

larf

Car(s)
Golf MK7
2016 Golf 1.8 TSI S

Hi, I was wondering if a Catback Exhaust for a Golf GTI or a Golf R can fit a Golf TSI? If so, what other parts except the exhaust and rear valence would I need to complete the conversion like adapters and/or bearings? Also for the rear valence, can both a GTI and Golf R rear valence fit on my TSI?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I think you need the passenger side hanger...for the pipe that exits the passenger side of the muffler.

larf

Car(s)
Golf MK7
From the videos I’ve been watching, I think it has the hanger on the passenger side even though both tips are only on one side. These pictures are from a video I watched.

Attachments

• IMG_7351.jpeg
    IMG_7351.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7352.jpeg
    IMG_7352.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 35

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

larf

Car(s)
Golf MK7
So from what I have gathered from the link you attached, I can basically put any GTI catback exhaust system (i.e. Cobb Catback, Borla, Rev9) on my 1.8 TSI and I would just need to change out the rear valence? Do you, by any chance, know what the diameter differences would I need to keep in mind and what size adapters? Sorry for the questions. Thank you.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I haven't done it, but just reference that link and there's another one that @GTI Jake has some input as far as downpipe size differences and what reducer you need

J.Etter

Passed Driver's Ed
I did this to my Golf a few weeks back; https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7955492

The Golf already has a passenger side hanger, just like the GTI.

Factory Golf exhaust is 60mm, factory GTI exhaust is 65mm. With the right size clamp, the GTI exhaust bolts right up to the Golf.

The GTI valance clips right into the Golf bumper with the exception of the very end of the valance on either side (right behind the rear wheels). The Golf is missing some sort of bracket, but a few zip ties easily secure it in place.