GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Get the ngk ruthenium. Better and cheaper. Or brisk 12s. Don't waste your time on the rs7 plugs.

What's the most recent consensus on the rs7 plugs?

Mine are going strong for about 25k miles, at stage1. APR is now recommending tighter gap on stock plugs at stage 1/2 (have been for little over a year if im not mistaken).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What's the most recent consensus on the rs7 plugs?

Mine are going strong for about 25k miles, at stage1. APR is now recommending tighter gap on stock plugs at stage 1/2 (have been for little over a year if im not mistaken).

I use them and like them but I'm replacing them every 15K because of my tune and using Torco octane booster. They could have gone more miles but I like it to be performing near its best. I gap them tighter also.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What's the part number for the 1 range colder Rutheniums?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I just looked thru all of the NGK Ruthenium plugs (25 part numbers total). Only a few are -8 heat range (1 step colder), but they are both M12 threaded, and ours is M14, so they are no-go. Hopefully in the future they will make more that suit our needs.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't Diggs run stock heat range Rutheniums on a FBO MPI IHX475 hybrid setup making >400whp without issue and highly recommends them on all these threads?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Link works for me?

As for RS7 plugs. I pulled mine after 15k and the gap is still .026. Seems to be plenty of life let in the plugs. Replaced with plutonium plugs.

Do you mean Ruthenium plugs? The link for me says 403 forbidden. Maybe it's my PC.