GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Oof I know you enjoy arguing but pick a topic you know about first. Macans inside chambers are way bigger. This isnt my opinion, just facts. I've installed dozens of them on gtis, result is the same. Half the time they come back a week later to have their stock brakes put back on.

Lol @ I don't know how to bleed brakes. This is ~2 months worth of brake jobs, I'll go on a limb and say Ive probably done more brake jobs than all of you combined will do in your lifetime. View attachment 271468
You are right, the inside chamber of the macan calipers is bigger. The inside chamber of the TTRS/RS3 calipers with the 370mm brakes is also bigger than stock. The inside chamber of the stoptech st40 is bigger than the stock 312mm caliper.

Are you saying that all of those are inferior to the 312mm brakes because their inside chambers are larger? Following that same logic, would changing to 288mm front brakes be an upgrade?

I know where you're going with this is, that is the normal order of operation when upgrading brakes is bigger brake calipers = bigger master cylinder to compliment it. That doesn't seem to be an upgrade anyone has worked out for the mk7, nor does it seem to be a necessary one as VW uses the exact same master cylinder with the 370mm-345mm-340mm-312mm brakes.

The sponginess issues were addressed in the near 200 pages in the macan caliper thread. The remedy is application of RRG, pressure bleeds, and OBD11 changes. Did you do those with the people who didn't like the feel of the brakes?

And yes I do enjoy a good friendly argument. Makes me feel alive.

(self ban for car talk)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Have you tried the Thai curry sauce? I'll also assume no. Their other sauces can blow me

I have. My usual go to whenever I'm there however are the spicy garlic, mango habanero, or the salt & vinegar dry rub.

They're not bad, just extremely average. Straight up just the McDonald's of chicken wings.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
You are right, the inside chamber of the macan calipers is bigger. The inside chamber of the TTRS/RS3 calipers with the 370mm brakes is also bigger than stock. The inside chamber of the stoptech st40 is bigger than the stock 312mm caliper.

Are you saying that all of those are inferior to the 312mm brakes because their inside chambers are larger? Following that same logic, would changing to 288mm front brakes be an upgrade?

I know where you're going with this is, that is the normal order of operation when upgrading brakes is bigger brake calipers = bigger master cylinder to compliment it. That doesn't seem to be an upgrade anyone has worked out for the mk7, nor does it seem to be a necessary one as VW uses the exact same master cylinder with the 370mm-345mm-340mm-312mm brakes.

The sponginess issues were addressed in the near 200 pages in the macan caliper thread. The remedy is application of RRG, pressure bleeds, and OBD11 changes. Did you do those with the people who didn't like the feel of the brakes?

(self ban for car talk)
You know what, you're right.

aQR5OpK_460s.jpg
EXCD_jaWoAIVANv.jpg
au1brp19edg71.jpg

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

(self ban for car talk)
I thought the issue with large chambers had to do with front/rear balance. Yes the master cylinder needs to be correctly sized (which I think it is for these brakes) and maybe he isn't properly bleeding them, but that doesn't address the balance issue. Maybe that's only noticable if you're tracking the car though? I'm no expert on brakes though, just curious.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Think I'm gonna get frys and sliders from this place called Axlerod's Fry Shack near my house. Have these things called "Hot Rod Tiki Fries" which are "colby jack cheese, bacon, pineapple-jalapeño aioli, a maraschino cherry, and a pineapple ring" that are slammin'.

No idea of the validity of the claim of aioli.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I thought the issue with large chambers had to do with front/rear balance. Yes the master cylinder needs to be correctly sized (which I think it is for these brakes) and maybe he isn't properly bleeding them, but that doesn't address the balance issue. Maybe that's only noticable if you're tracking the car though? I'm no expert on brakes though, just curious.

Shut up, you're just an idiot.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
What is this magical front/rear bias you speak of????? I'm a n00b and read using a thicker grease on the pistons solves all the problems? Has the forum lied to me or am I just an idiot who doesn't know how brakes work? Thx

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Okay but why wouldn't the ST40s cause the same problem? 100% out of curiosity lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Okay but why wouldn't the ST40s cause the same problem? 100% out of curiosity lol

No. They have a quantum line pressure defibrillator valve built in to alleviate causing a soft pedal.

Idiot.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This is correct, it only works if you bleed them with a 2x4 though

That reminds me, I got to get my 2x4 ready to install @sterkrazzys intake next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.