GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
the 280-290 estimate George gave is at the default 5.0 Map 6 setting with intake+dp. You can easily crank it higher.

ahhhhh. ok got ya. Now all we need is a intake release date so i can not buy it on opening day because It won't be a pay week. :(

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep I did 289whp on JB1+DP in 90 degree heat. Going JB4 made a huge difference though trust me. It's worth the money.

themyst

Ready to race!
Questions -

How do we interpret trims.fuel enrichment and how much is left in the system? I've seen fuel enrichment hit 99 at points, trying to figure if that is the max, for logging purposes.

I know ign 1-4 is the amount of correction per cylinder, so that's self explanatory, we don't want to see too many of those.

I'm seeing the "meth" parameter picking up data, but what is that supposed to be (because its obviously not meth flow)

Being that boost targeting on this platform appears to be load/IAT based, we see huge fluctuations in what the ECU is targeting based on weather. Is it perfectly ok to run the same boost pressure regardless of IAT? The car struggles to make 20 psi (it can't) in that 5000-6500 RPM range in the cold.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Can a IS38 be tuned on a JB4 only?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

dukesilver

I was just about to place my order. I was going to order the JB4 connect kit as well. There are two options one for BMW E series and one for the F series. Which one should we order for VW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotfart

Ready to race!
I was just about to place my order. I was going to order the JB4 connect kit as well. There are two options one for BMW E series and one for the F series. Which one should we order for VW?

You might want to consider ordering the JB4 now, and sorting out the bluetooth later. When the first round of ordering was happening, I did the same as you and was figuring out connectivity options while the JB4 was in my cart. By the time I figured it out, they were out of stock. However, luckily I just now checked and they're back in stock, so now I have my order in.

I can't speak as to which bluetooth option you should order, but have some food for thought in case you're are on a budget. I decided against bluetooth altogether (looks very convenient, but a little pricey), and instead decided I'll just use a USB OTG cable and connect via the JB4 Android app.

dukesilver

You might want to consider ordering the JB4 now, and sorting out the bluetooth later. When the first round of ordering was happening, I did the same as you and was figuring out connectivity options while the JB4 was in my cart. By the time I figured it out, they were out of stock. However, luckily I just now checked and they're back in stock, so now I have my order in.

I can't speak as to which bluetooth option you should order, but have some food for thought in case you're are on a budget. I decided against bluetooth altogether (looks very convenient, but a little pricey), and instead decided I'll just use a USB OTG cable and connect via the JB4 Android app.

Thanks. That's what I decided to do. Will sort out the Bluetooth later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotfart

Ready to race!
With some E85 mix the car can be set to a gain of 65whp.

What's your recommendation for mixture percentage? E20? E30? Or is that determined on a case by case basis?

I also have the option locally of using 91 octane with 0% ethanol to be mixed with the E85. This results in a higher octane than if I mixed the E85 with the more commonly found 91 octane which already has 10% ethanol in it. Is it worth my trouble to use E85 with the 0% ethanol 91 octane, or should I just not worry about it and use the E85 with the 91 octane which already has 10% ethanol? Unfortunately, straight 93 octane gas isn't available anywhere near me.

nafF

Just ordered the JB4 Upgrade for my Jb1 Rev1 and couldn't be more excited :)

Since my ROW GTI is manual, I want to stay below 430 Nm or 320 ft lb (since that's the number most german tuners recommend for the stock clutch to hold without problems), do you have any recommendation which level of boost that translates to ?

I'll share my logs as soon as I'll get the upgrade, we have about -5 to -10° C (about 15-20 F) here in southern germany, so perfect conditions to turn up the boost :cool:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Hi George. Thank you for all of the hard work. Did you do any beta testing on the 1.8tsi, and do you have any numbers for it? I know all of the facts and info are listed here, but will there be one in that engine section as well? Thank you again

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Just ordered mine.....at freaking 6am today!!! So, just to make sure I got this right though, IF i get the bluetooth option, i won't have to worry about connection to the OBD port portion of the install right?