GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Will any of the maps auto clear codes for those of us with a catless downpipe? Also what is the best/aggressive map on a car with a cold air and downpipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its in the FAQ in regard to the downpipe. First firmware update will have the autoclear function.

Map 2 or set something up custom in Map 6 which ships at around the 280-290 mark when you have a DP.

Kylemoney01

Ready to race!
George Smooth Map 2 or set something up custom in Map 6 which ships at around the 280-290 mark when you have a DP.[/QUOTE said:
Are you saying 280-290hp?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Sooo... I know it's been implied but not flat out said I feel like.. (sorry if I missed george saying it)....is the jb4 completely undectable by dealerships/VW if they do any sort of digging whatsoever no matter what jb4 maps/features we use???......

Thankssss

The unit works on a the same principle as the JB1. Initial testing has shown nothing. To get the deep dive done where logs are sent to Germany requires a big claim to be done so this will be answered in due course but from my understanding and knowledge of the ECU there will not be a issue.
If we get the speed limiter sorted this will cause a flag.

Kylemoney01

Ready to race!
Awesome. You just made up my mind what tune I'm getting can't wait to order

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Looking forward to w/m and stacking some time next year.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
The unit works on a the same principle as the JB1. Initial testing has shown nothing. To get the deep dive done where logs are sent to Germany requires a big claim to be done so this will be answered in due course but from my understanding and knowledge of the ECU there will not be a issue.
If we get the speed limiter sorted this will cause a flag.

The speed limiter flag would only hit when you go above 120- correct? And in theory after an hour or so of driving when the memory gets overwritten, would this clear the flag?

king12sky

Ready to race!
We are using the M3/M4 S55 board on the VW's ;)

Haha! This guy, now we talking the same language! Im sure my f82 would be happy to see a brother next to it. Im guessing this is pretty much the same logic as the S55 then. No TCU tune needed as ECU werent touched to put it simple?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep, exactly what he said since it retains the logic and communication between the two.. as long as I understood it correctly. 6MT ftw! :D

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
The speed limiter flag would only hit when you go above 120- correct? And in theory after an hour or so of driving when the memory gets overwritten, would this clear the flag?

There are trigger point storage that cannot be cleared and its not diagnostically visible. On BMW this is not even stored on the ECU.
On the cars that have 250km/h limits there is trigger point slightly higher up. I suspect this is the case with the 120mph point.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
There are trigger point storage that cannot be cleared and its not diagnostically visible. On BMW this is not even stored on the ECU.
On the cars that have 250km/h limits there is trigger point slightly higher up. I suspect this is the case with the 120mph point.

Thanks for clarification. For those of us (me) pondering going BT, or adding some features that can't be accomplished via JB4 (left foot braking, speed limiter removal, etc), are you able to provide a flash, or is this something we would need to purchase from another company and use JB4 to dial in fuel trims for example?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Yes on the wheel.

correct me if I'm wrong. didn't someone pull 282 on the jb1 with and injen and DP? I would think that the jb4 adds a bit more than 10 or hp over the jb1?

themyst

Ready to race!
correct me if I'm wrong. didn't someone pull 282 on the jb1 with and injen and DP? I would think that the jb4 adds a bit more than 10 or hp over the jb1?

the 280-290 estimate George gave is at the default 5.0 Map 6 setting with intake+dp. You can easily crank it higher.