GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Areaview Retrofit Progress

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Why won't he just take a picture of how it's mounted. I don't get why everything has to be so secretive the mib2 apple car play activations, the acc activations, how the cameras are mounted.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Why won't he just take a picture of how it's mounted. I don't get why everything has to be so secretive the mib2 apple car play activations, the acc activations, how the cameras are mounted.
The youtube videos have comments disabled. I don't even know if Vimeo supports comments. I wonder if he's still "active" on the Ross-Tech forums :unsure:. Obviously the huge PDF was shared all those years ago so it's not like Xagico won't share, just doesn't share everything.

CarloP

Hi!
After having parameterized the 6c control unit and coding, here is the result.💪

FE73460C-C3C8-4796-B43B-268891876E44.jpg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg

D41F223B-522A-42EF-A1B5-A94F56F8B863.jpg

703623A5-584F-41AB-A92F-3FECDB1824A6.jpg

I'm excited. 😄😄

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...der_detail.order_detail_item.3.d205f19cwzl2yw

Found this on Aliexpress, has the bottom part of the mirror (with support for 360 area view) for almost every VW model, but unfortunately Golf MK7 Is currently out of stock.

Spoke to the seller and he said it will be available in about a year, I've made some research on this store and it seems that they 3D design special parts for VAGs, I have high hopes for that.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I would be wary of that, been down that road before. There was another listing a couple months ago that listed golf 7s. But they werent even close.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I would be wary of that, been down that road before. There was another listing a couple months ago that listed golf 7s. But they werent even close.
Yeah I've seen your post about that but this is a complete bottom part of the mirror that has been modified in 3D software to fit the 360 camera, it is not an extra part that sits on the mirror.

I Wont be waiting a year for that to drop, I think i'll find a place that can do 3D scanning and scan the bottom part of my mirror then start modifying it myself, shouldn't be that hard.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Yeah I've seen your post about that but this is a complete bottom part of the mirror that has been modified in 3D software to fit the 360 camera, it is not an extra part that sits on the mirror.

I Wont be waiting a year for that to drop, I think i'll find a place that can do 3D scanning and scan the bottom part of my mirror then start modifying it myself, shouldn't be that hard.
The place I found was a complete bottom half, like your link. I got some quotes for a place to 3d scan the mirror. Lowest I got was almost a grand for a high quality scan.

It's not just the bottom that has to be modified. The inside of the mirror barely has any room to fit the camera.

There is a rule in this thread though. You cannot under any circumstances show any pictures of the finished mirror or explain how you mounted the camera. You can only post a pic of the mib screen.

CarloP

What's the plan for those side cameras?
I'll think about it next year.. in the meantime I think about it.
V

Very nice.

What mount did you use for the front camera, not sure if everything will align with it in the emblem.
Thanks!
The gloss black bezel is for passat or tiguan, can't remember.
I have the part number somewhere, I adapted it to the bumper grille.

Meanwhile I installed the 360 camera in the original rear emblem for golf 7.

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1166.jpeg
IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

IMG_1186.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

IMG_1223.jpeg

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I'll think about it next year.. in the meantime I think about it.

Thanks!
The gloss black bezel is for passat or tiguan, can't remember.
I have the part number somewhere, I adapted it to the bumper grille.

Meanwhile I installed the 360 camera in the original rear emblem for golf 7.

View attachment 268475
View attachment 268476

View attachment 268477

View attachment 268478View attachment 268479
View attachment 268480
View attachment 268481
View attachment 268482

View attachment 268483
Can you please summarize what needed to be modified in order for the rear camera to fit?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Wish I was better at building/modifying things. Would have saved me almost 400 on the rear emblem. And the part number for the front camera mount when you get a chance.

Looks like some grinding on the carrier. Picture 4 shows it pretty good.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Well, did some more research and tried to find the proper way to run the wire to the mirror and it seems like the main door connector needs to be changed to support it, is there a way around it? how did you guys do this?

Last edited:

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Well, did some more research and tried to find the proper way to run the wire to the mirror and it seems like the main door connector needs to be changed to support it, is there a way around it? how did you guys do this?

The harness i got had came with pins. Their instructions said to cut the fakra connector off and pin the cable into the stock door harness connector. I dont plan on doing that, i got fakra door connectors. The only problem with using the fakra door connectors is some of the harnesses sold on aliexpress wont work. The fakra cable that fits in the connector you pictured is different then a regular fakra. I havent started the door part of it yet. Gotta wait till after chinese new year to get a harness (the one i got wont work for reasons i stated above), going todo the rgb lights at the same time.