GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding Red LED strip ambient lighting - Door panel

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
That's a great approach. Does the EL wire stay seated nicely? Does the red match your door warning lights or (if Installed) footwell lights? How bright does it get at night? Any night shots? Thanks!

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
That's a great approach. Does the EL wire stay seated nicely? Does the red match your door warning lights or (if Installed) footwell lights? How bright does it get at night? Any night shots? Thanks!
Will try to get some more night shots and post it. I ordered the red ones, it looks orangish as you see it on the pics., but the glow in night is definitely red with a hint of orange., matches with red foot well light.

Its been 5 months since installed, it's holding on well.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Will try to get some more night shots and post it. I ordered the red ones, it looks orangish as you see it on the pics., but the glow in night is definitely red with a hint of orange., matches with red foot well light.

Its been 5 months since installed, it's holding on well.

Here is video uploaded to youtube https://youtu.be/fogdqWcAXgc

Shows the lights at work in the dark.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Wow honestly those look better than stock, I'm jealous you have matching front and rears now. I wonder how the color difference is with the door scuffplate light. I kinda want to switch my stock ones to your setup.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
For the installation / inspiration, I followed this video https://youtu.be/eJIJM4Mc2yE

Even though for my mk7, I could not slide out the grey trim piece, since there was just enough gap, was able to slide the el wire light strip in. But the idea is the same.

johnmnmayo

Passed Driver's Ed
When i was looking to shop these, the seller was not shipping to the us., not sure if there are more suppliers now.
Luckily, they ship to Canada. Still undecided though whether to het them or not. They are actually pretty cheap.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Pgosain

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there's a way to activate the red LED ambient strips on the doors on the Gti clubsport? For some reason they're not activated from factory on this car.

I can see that the trim is similar to the one that comes on the regular Gti so I'm just wondering whether there's a way to code the LEDs on using VCDS or OBD eleven.

Thanks.

Patrick

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-09-28 at 6.28.05 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-28 at 6.28.05 PM (1).jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 1,359
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-09-28 at 6.28.04 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-28 at 6.28.04 PM.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 1,333
Last edited: