GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I’ve lost count how many times I’ve pointed cars by on the bridge straight only for me to hit the brakes up through the esses and T10.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thats awesome man. Your t10 is really fast also im most impressed with as the speed you carry is on comparable to our TCA brz's.

Also are you on stock tune in that video? I see your capped at 124 lol

You know my autocross codriver, Johnathan Newcombe? He drives a Civic in TCA.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
You know my autocross codriver, Johnathan Newcombe? He drives a Civic in TCA.
Yes! I've definitely seen that name in tca. The last event I worked was at COTA last month. Hes an awesome driver, I think something happened at cota that stopped him from placing

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yes! I've definitely seen that name in tca. The last event I worked was at COTA last month. Hes an awesome driver, I think something happened at cota that stopped him from placing

Yep, car broke, but he's had a couple podiums this year and has been getting faster. He's so good under braking. We were out at FIRM this weekend for a time trial and he set the track record for fwd car. Lost all his sponsors due to the pandemic. A lot of us locals have been donating to help keep the dream alive.

But damn those Hyundais are fast.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Wow what a small world! I do remember now. That class actually is dominated by the minis. Pombo is tca also and he's good. The Hyundai in tca got caught cheating when they were running tunes that gave them 240 whp and our brzs run 180ish lol. Maxson in tcr always wins in his veloster as much as I was rooting for the tcr mk7

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wow what a small world! I do remember now. That class actually is dominated by the minis. Pombo is tca also and he's good. The Hyundai in tca got caught cheating when they were running tunes that gave them 240 whp and our brzs run 180ish lol. Maxson in tcr always wins in his veloster as much as I was rooting for the tcr mk7

Another buddy of mine, Gino Manley, has done a couple TCR races, but doesn't have a ride. I'm the slow one in that group, I wish I had those guys talent, but I get to crew and hang out when I can get away from work. I was at COTA this year, I'll shoot you a PM if I'm going to any of the future events.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Anybody going to the TrackDaze Nov 5/6 Grand & Full Course event? I'm trying to convince myself not to go, but everything is lining up so well I may finally check VIR off my list. Even one way U-Haul truck and trailer rates for catastrophic failure rescue are super affordable...
Really? Last I checked one way trailer rental with uhaul was a 5 day minimum which was like 600$+ and the availability was pretty low. I almost flew in to Virginia and drove my new car back with a uhaul truck+trailer but it was going to be around 1400$ minus the plane ticket. Paying for a transport is cheaper than that :(.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
You will enjoy VIR. It’s a super cool track.

I will be there with Potomac Audi on Saturday and Sunday, right after Track Daze event. They are a great Club to run with. 7th and 8th. There are a handful of GTi‘s on the roster.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Another buddy of mine, Gino Manley, has done a couple TCR races, but doesn't have a ride. I'm the slow one in that group, I wish I had those guys talent, but I get to crew and hang out when I can get away from work. I was at COTA this year, I'll shoot you a PM if I'm going to any of the future events.
For sure man. If I knew you were at COTA I would have hit you up. Its nice to work a few events like you said and get away from work. I crew for techsport racing and they are based right at home on VIR so if you ever make it this way lemme know

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Anybody going to the TrackDaze Nov 5/6 Grand & Full Course event? I'm trying to convince myself not to go, but everything is lining up so well I may finally check VIR off my list. Even one way U-Haul truck and trailer rates for catastrophic failure rescue are super affordable...
I'll be there on those days if I can get my fuel pressure to stop dropping terribly

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Roughly $340 one way 10' truck and auto transport with 399 miles included! It's 365 miles from VIR to my driveway. I may reserve it now then cancel if all goes smoothly. It's not free, but that's way cheaper than what I was expecting!
Wonder why they force me into a 5 day minimum..? It was over 600 for the trailer alone :/. That's a pretty good price!

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
If you are under 200-miles from your local track. AAA Premiere is worth getting for the free 200 mile tow service. I’m planning on venturing down to Road Atlanta and possibly Barber next year.

A used Trailex is quite possibly in my “upgrade” future. 🙄 Will likely rent a pickup to make the road trip. But then driving it down incentivizes me to keep it shiny side up.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
If you are under 200-miles from your local track. AAA Premiere is worth getting for the free 200 mile tow service. I’m planning on venturing down to Road Atlanta and possibly Barber next year.

A used Trailex is quite possibly in my “upgrade” future. 🙄 Will likely rent a pickup to make the road trip. But then driving it down incentivizes me to keep it shiny side up.

Yeah, AAA Premiere is way worth the investment, got it after I starting tracking in 08.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Bled the the brakes with Castrol SRF. Installed my track pads front and rear. Trying a slightly more aggressive rear pad after running my trusted Pagid RS19’s. Will be curious how this combination works out.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bled the the brakes with Castrol SRF. Installed my track pads front and rear. Trying a slightly more aggressive rear pad after running my trusted Pagid RS19’s. Will be curious how this combination works out.

What did you go with in the rear?