GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Thanks for the awesome write up! Out of curiosity, how long (either time or miles) are you expecting those rod ends/spherical's to last between track and daily use? Have you looked into the ease of getting replacements here in the US?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Thanks for the awesome write up! Out of curiosity, how long (either time or miles) are you expecting those rod ends/spherical's to last between track and daily use? Have you looked into the ease of getting replacements here in the US?
Have no idea. I guess I’ll will be testing that for folks on the forum.

The rod ends with the rubber boot has some protection. The spherical bearing on the front LBJ is open to the elements. Dry warmer climates should be better than the salted roads from up North. These bearings are super tight and difficult to move by hand without leverage. It’s going to be hard to put a life expectancy on them.

I purchased my LCAs before there was a local US Distributor and shipping was quick from Poland. 2-3 days plus a couple days to clear Customs and then local shipping. I purchased the RTAs from the US distributor.

Servicing parts are available from Verkline in Poland. I’d like to see those available locally. Especially the eccentric lockout washers and replacement rod ends/bearings.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
ECS Tow straps.
I will check those out.

ECS tow strap
Raceseng Tow Hook
Rennline Tow Hook

Are there any other options out there?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Not a fan of straps, with lateral force they can screw up your bumper.
Had a set of Rennline, they're good. Sold em to buy Raceseng as the grey matched the paint pretty well. Get way more muscle cars trying to race at stoplights with any of them.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I got my Raceseng one on sale/blemshed so was a little cheaper. And the hook that came with my car was reverse threaded for some reason so wouldn't even fit. And honestly, because red=race car ;)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I got my Raceseng one on sale/blemshed so was a little cheaper. And the hook that came with my car was reverse threaded for some reason so wouldn't even fit. And honestly, because red=race car ;)

Ha, yeah everyone has straps or those cool hinged ones and i have this gigantic black protuberance

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I like the straps b/c they hang down. I figure if I need towed off the track it's likely b/c I'm off the track and my car probably has bigger issues than if the two strap causes something to mar my paint.

20220310_160343.jpg
20220310_160410.jpg

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I do like the look of the tow straps.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Quick question.

I’m about to do the water pump and thermostat on my GTi. Does anyone know whether the R water pump truly flows more coolant than the regular GTi water pump???

I’m likely to leaves things as they are. Even though I’m running a larger CSF radiator and CSF Aux cooler.
I’m not running into any overheating issues. Just figured that more flow my result in faster recovery and more headroom in the cooling system.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Lower Ball Joint tool.
Does anyone know of a good alternative to the factory VAG tool to pop the lower ball joint?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Also, I’ve been working on indexing my build thread.

If anyone sees anything noteworthy that I need to index, please let me know which Post#, so I can update the first page.