GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1 year of *not so happy* GTI experience

MassGTI

Hey guys,

Almost a year since my original post.
I ended up with brand new engine, oil lines and clutch. Unfortunately I had to go for two more unplanned visits. This time regarding disappearing coolant. Every 4K miles the reservoir would be almost dry. Both times dealer pressure tested the car and didn't find any issues.
I decided not to wait for third. The whole situation reminded me of how I ended up with new engine to begin with. I decided to get rid of the car.
At the same time I have to give credit when it's due. I hear a lot of negative things about CS of VW. In my experience it wasn't the case. Communication with Regional Manager was positive experience under circumstances. That said after second visit to dealer I reached out to RM again and I ended up with a voucher towards purchase or lease of any new VW.
After some test drives and thinking I used it towards 2016 GTI SE 6M PP and light. When the car works - it has no competition in my eyes. I'll be picking it up in next few hours. Hope second GTI will be charm.

hazz

Sorry to hear this, I'm at 3 years and 28k, not a single problem.

Oh, i did get another stone chip though:mad:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
VW = ECU glitches that cannot be explained. Sometimes I think it's interference from powerful radios, like ham operators or government aircraft.

defcon5

Ready to race!
Per dealership crankshaft measured 1.59 inches vs 2.09. Have no idea how this would happen. And how I didn't notice it.
I'm staying in touch with both the dealership and regional manager twice per week. So far no ETA when new engine will be arriving.

1.59 inches vs 2.09? Which measurement is this?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
My tire pressure light also goes on. Same with my wife's tiguan. This is a sensor issue but it doesnt bother me much. I just reset it and forget it until it pops up again.

Our cars do not use sensor on each tire, instead it uses the ABS system to monitor rotation or something to that effect [emoji4] unfortunately this is one of the side effects
But I'll take that instead of the costly sensors.my 2005 MINI Cooper use the same system and once in a while it would do this as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
My car also has had the TPMS issue as well as the gas cap thing. Also passenger door hinge came loose. Only problems i've had tho and i love my car. Actually... Now that i think about it, i've also had my rotors rebed and my driver's side ball joint replaced and i now suspect i'm in need of a replacement front driver's strut mount

MassGTI

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 431

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
First model year of a car usually sucks. Although in this case you would think most of that stuff would have been sorted out with the ROW cars before it hit the U.S.