GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1 year of *not so happy* GTI experience

MassGTI

Hey guys,

Figured I'd share my story.
'15 GTI, 29K miles. Here's what I've got so far:
* After changing tires recalibrated TPMS. Some time later alert popped saying front passenger is low. Checked pressure. Same as was. Weather conditions didn't change either. Reset TPMS. Issue came back one more time never to appear again.
* While it was -2F outside Soundakor started producing ripped speaker noices. Issue went away once it warmed up a little.
* At some point Check gas cap alert popped while the cap was closed and properly attached. The dealer saw unexplained error in the logs. Issue never came back.
* Clutch started producing metallic clicking noises when I depress it or let go with feedback to the foot. Two trips to the dealer. They got nothing cause issue is not reproduced consistently.
* Bluetooth unpairs from the phone in case I was talking over and got second incoming call. Again, not reproduced consistently enough to get fixed.
* Oil pressure low alert popped. Checked the level. Turns out missing a quart. Confirmed, indeed it's leaking oil. Latest news from the dealer - I'll be getting new engine. The car is still at the dealer.
Needless to say the car was properly serviced. I didn't put it through any track or even traffic light races. It mostly saw highways in 6th gear. At this point I'm pissed. Filed complaint with VW. Will see what happens next.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Great first post...

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Sucks about the experience for you..

Only thing I can relate is the TPMS issue. In that I get periodic light, usually after I swap tires for an autoX on the drive home that it'll go off. Since I typically have to drive more than an hour to go places I'd stop and check(also helpful since I have all my tools with me, if I need to change it it'll be a cinch). And nothing usually is wrong and I'd reset the light and be on my way again. Now I feel like my situation is more of my own making. And from MK6 days I know the ABS based TPMS do act up periodically. I still prefer them over actual sensors...

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
I had tons of annoyances from my Si's TPMS as well, so not exclusively a VW issue.

aunsafe2015

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Figured I'd share my story.
'15 GTI, 29K miles. Here's what I've got so far:
* After changing tires recalibrated TPMS. Some time later alert popped saying front passenger is low. Checked pressure. Same as was. Weather conditions didn't change either. Reset TPMS. Issue came back one more time never to appear again.
* While it was -2F outside Soundakor started producing ripped speaker noices. Issue went away once it warmed up a little.
* At some point Check gas cap alert popped while the cap was closed and properly attached. The dealer saw unexplained error in the logs. Issue never came back.
* Clutch started producing metallic clicking noises when I depress it or let go with feedback to the foot. Two trips to the dealer. They got nothing cause issue is not reproduced consistently.
* Bluetooth unpairs from the phone in case I was talking over and got second incoming call. Again, not reproduced consistently enough to get fixed.
* Oil pressure low alert popped. Checked the level. Turns out missing a quart. Confirmed, indeed it's leaking oil. Latest news from the dealer - I'll be getting new engine. The car is still at the dealer.
Needless to say the car was properly serviced. I didn't put it through any track or even traffic light races. It mostly saw highways in 6th gear. At this point I'm pissed. Filed complaint with VW. Will see what happens next.

Vote in the reliability poll thread

o-iii1

Ready to race!
I had a year of pain and multiple dealer visits for a variety of problems with my 2015 GTI. Glad I got rid of it. Luckily most people have no issues.

Zundefolge

Ready to race!
I thought i'd had issues with mine!.Regarding the clutch making clicking noises,mine does the same thing.Squeaks and makes clicking noises,at random times too.I wonder if its a rubber bush somewhere on the clutch expanding as it gets warm?

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
I feel your pain. Aircon clicking noise problem that took 5 months to get repaired, now 2 of my vents are broken. My side mirror defrosters dont work, radio still reverts to 88.7 after multiple complaints, TMPS and ESC light randomly come on and then turn off, rearview camera randomly shuts off sometimes...

milan187

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel your pain. Aircon clicking noise problem that took 5 months to get repaired, now 2 of my vents are broken. My side mirror defrosters dont work, radio still reverts to 88.7 after multiple complaints, TMPS and ESC light randomly come on and then turn off, rearview camera randomly shuts off sometimes...
Rear view camera shuts off if going faster then 10km/h.