Golf GTE MK7.5

Attachments

• 20211217_091557.jpg
    20211217_091557.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 129

FlorentDB

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7.5
Not that i know, i did retrofit my MIB2.5 Pro from mib2 just beacuse so that i can use the navi on the copilot, only coding i did was to code the copilot si that it shows the map on the screen

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have MIB 2.5 as well. But I had digital dash with maps on MIB II also. Still no manual zoom in dash. The arrows always showed destinations... strange.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
I have MIB 2.5 as well. But I had digital dash with maps on MIB II also. Still no manual zoom in dash. The arrows always showed destinations... strange.
I still haven’t put my MIB2.5 in yet. I wonder if when I do this will change. And if so we can compare our coding after.

I also have to wonder if this is a NA vs ROW thing.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
What is the difference, and which do I need?
I *think* if you have Fender you need the split Y cable since the MIB in the glovebox gets it's input via a fiber cable already, otherwise you can just straight hook the cluster to the MIB without the split. Does the R have the sub in the hatch under the floor? If so I think you need the split one.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I *think* if you have Fender you need the split Y cable since the MIB in the glovebox gets it's input via a fiber cable already, otherwise you can just straight hook the cluster to the MIB without the split. Does the R have the sub in the hatch under the floor? If so I think you need the split one.

Yup. Have the Fender audio/sub.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I still haven’t put my MIB2.5 in yet. I wonder if when I do this will change. And if so we can compare our coding after.

I also have to wonder if this is a NA vs ROW thing.
I'll have to see if I can find a scan/map from my MIB II, but nothing changed for me when I went MIB 2.5.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
I'll have to see if I can find a scan/map from my MIB II, but nothing changed for me when I went MIB 2.5.
Just sat in a 2019 Golf R today and the map lets me zoom in and out with the arrows.

But I also noticed that the map in the instrument cluster looks almost grainy and pixelated compared to the one in my dash

Attachments

• R_DASH.jpg
    R_DASH.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 145
  • GTI_Dash_vs_R.jpg
    GTI_Dash_vs_R.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Just sat in a 2019 Golf R today and the map lets me zoom in and out with the arrows.

But I also noticed that the map in the instrument cluster looks almost grainy and pixelated compared to the one in my dash
They don't look all that different to me, although I also can't see very well, haha. The zoom function using the arrows is very interesting though. An adaptation map of the infotainment from that Golf R would be awesome :LOL:. Specifically this set of channels, taken from my car, MIB 2.5, with map in AID but no zooming via the arrows...
1647494940067.png

I know what some of those do, but don't know about the detail_map_xxx channels or navigation_map_xxx channels.

There are some other places worth a look, but I'll try and get to them later, got a newborn running things around here, haha.