GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xenon Lights + LED DRL retrofit

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
You know what this means guys? We got to get a group buy going.

We might not get many people...my dealer said that my car was the third MK7 they sold..

Well, ask and here you go.

http://golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4862

A test set has been sent out, and early testing shows it has worked out well. An adapter harness is included so the LEDs will function as your DRLs, and stay on with the low beams. A review by the tester will be out soon.

The harness is not included with the other vendors selling this type of light.

louisdymond

Would you loose your full electric warranty on the car if you fitted these or just the warranty for the full warranty for the headlights? I would like to get these but I am un sure of the warranty

aays06

Would you loose your full electric warranty on the car if you fitted these or just the warranty for the full warranty for the headlights? I would like to get these but I am un sure of the warranty

They are plug and play. What's to void?? If anything were to happen swap back over the stock headlights.

golfiegti23

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the "GTI" version from WinPower, like people are saying they are plug and play, no coding needed!

Attachments

• IMG_4688.jpg
    IMG_4688.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 5,191
  • IMG_4768.jpg
    IMG_4768.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 4,909
  • IMG_4689.jpg
    IMG_4689.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 7,881

veew

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the "GTI" version from WinPower, like people are saying they are plug and play, no coding needed!

Mate, love the headlights! There are a few of us who did a group buy in Australia, keen as beens mate!

Got any videos of it in action? Do the cornering lights in the headlights activate appropriately?

golfiegti23

Passed Driver's Ed
Do the cornering lights in the headlights activate appropriately?

No the cornering lights don't work. The guy that installed them for me said there was no wiring going to them at all, but they could be wired in. Just would take some time and know how.

The picture is dark, so you can't see that the wheel is turned.

Attachments

• Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4,165
Last edited:

101D12

How is the quality on the WP lights? In one of your pictures the red line through the headlight looks a shade lighter than the one on the grill but it might just be the lighting (more pics maybe?).

I'm debating purchasing a pair from WP or waiting to see if Vacar's GTI replica are any better (the ones sold by Ed). Judging by the posts on the Brazilian group buy thread it looks like people have been in luck with the MK7 reps from WP.

tortor

1 set double U led V2 headlights ordered yesterday to ws lamp(Mark). I will post when installed.

Golf MK7 2.0 TDI, Brooklyn wheels, GTI front Bumper with led fog light.

Last edited:

aays06

ive got the ones by ed and will be posting a detailed review and diy here shortly. they are a very nice fit and i think look much better without the red stripe..... plus ed gives you a 1 year warranty as well.... will post next week when i get it all together....

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, I'm interested to see the quality difference (if any) between the two.

The lights are basically the same, the main difference is I offer a wire harness adapter for cars in North America, and a warranty. Plus, the price is quite reasonable to the competitors out there.

I can also ship to Western Europe at the same price, except the UK, no RHD models.

101D12

The lights are basically the same, the main difference is I offer a wire harness adapter for cars in North America, and a warranty. Plus, the price is quite reasonable to the competitors out there.

I can also ship to Western Europe at the same price, except the UK, no RHD models.

I thought the replicas from WPlamps were plug-and-play for NA? What purpose does your adapter serve? (pardon my ignorance)

Also, any idea when you'll start selling the GTI version replicas?