GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why I couldn’t buy a brand new GTi 2 months ago!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Is this common knowledge?? Just found this online,
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/103414/new-286bhp-volkswagen-golf-gti-tcr-due-late-2018

It explains why I was unable to buy a brand new golf gti when I bought my 2016 2 months ago, there was also a 52 week wait on the polo gti+ the dealer was never really able to explain why none were available at the time other than saying it was to do with new tax rules! Had I have known I would have maybe waited for a new one, saying that though I’m very happy with the one i bought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
WLTP - This is common knowledge. In SE we can't order it today.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
WLTP - This is common knowledge. In SE we can't order it today.

Did you know about the GTi TCR being a confirmed release though?? Had I have known it was soon to be for sale I may have waited and paid a bit more to own one!

nabwong

Passed Driver's Ed
It says not sure if coming with 6 speed. Almost an acknowledgement that the clutch can’t handle the power.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Did you know about the GTi TCR being a confirmed release though?? Had I have known it was soon to be for sale I may have waited and paid a bit more to own one!

No, the decisions from VW about TCR isn’t anything I remember, read something about it this summer. I sort of gave up when I couldn’t order a new Golf R earlier this autumn because of the new WLTP emission rules.

Bought a new Seat -18 Cupra R 310 hp manual instead.

It says not sure if coming with 6 speed. Almost an acknowledgement that the clutch can’t handle the power.

I have had a Golf R -14 300 hp manual for over 4 years, used it for 55000 km. No problem with clutch so far.

/Peter