GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has *REPLACED* the OEM dogbone mount assembly (with OEM)?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Christ. There is honestly too many freaking options for the same part. I'm generally pretty knowledgeable of the various options for a given mod for these cars, but I'm starting to feel like I don't know shit.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Christ. There is honestly too many freaking options for the same part. I'm generally pretty knowledgeable of the various options for a given mod for these cars, but I'm starting to feel like I don't know shit.

Feeling the same way. Stock mounts seemed to go soft even on stock tune for me at around 15k miles, and I don't drive very aggressively. Tried ECS tranny mount but way, way too harsh for me. Tried CTS mounts (what I have now). Felt great at first, but now the engine is sloshing around in the engine bay even more than the stock mounts, after only about 3k miles on them. Don't know if the CTS mounts went bad right away, if cold winter weather is affecting it, if my dogbone bushing/034 insert went bad, but it feels terrible and while car is cold I hear a squeaking sound on shifts and throttle lift-off and lots of engine bucking. I'm annoyed I went down the engine mount rabbit hole because it feels worse than the crappy stock mounts did. So now I'm trying to figure out if I should do something like the HPA full dogbone, or switch mounts again like the BFI ones? There are so many dog bone and insert options out there it's overwhelming to try and figure out what's best for my needs. I just want it firmed up, but still comfortable for a DD, and not keep wasting money on parts to make something that should have felt good in a performance oriented car in the beginning!

/rant

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Just the ECS tranny mount with everything else stock? That would effectively make the tranny mount a pivot for the rest of the drivetrain to twist around. I believe you've got to go poly on the motor trans. You can do a softer insert like the powerflex diesel or 034 aluminum if you want to keep the NVH down. But rubber mounts just suck.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Just the ECS tranny mount with everything else stock? That would effectively make the tranny mount a pivot for the rest of the drivetrain to twist around. I believe you've got to go poly on the motor trans. You can do a softer insert like the powerflex diesel or 034 aluminum if you want to keep the NVH down. But rubber mounts just suck.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I tried ECS trans mount with CTS engine mount for 2 weeks/less than 100 miles and quickly realized my mistake. Promptly switched to matching CTS trans mount and all NVH went away, but it didn’t really firm things up like I hoped. As I mentioned it’s even worse than stock after about 3k miles.

I’m a little scared of poly mounts due to my experience with the ECS one, which produced horrendous noise in the cabin, but like you said that probably had a lot to due with only doing poly on one side. I guess I’m just trying to figure out what combo would be best for someone who daily drives their car and does not want a harsh ride, but also doesn’t want the engine flying around every shift in normal day-to-day driving.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
What is the installation like on this? I've heard that that it is excessively involved. I'd like to try this after installing and then removing 034 due to NVH...

034 caused you NVH? It's the most NVH-friendly insert on the market. If that didn't make you happy the VWR is gonna make you even less happy, and you'll be out a couple hundred in installation, or several hours of your own time.

neildorrel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG
Oh

034 caused you NVH? It's the most NVH-friendly insert on the market. If that didn't make you happy the VWR is gonna make you even less happy, and you'll be out a couple hundred in installation, or several hours of your own time.

Didn't see your reply here before beginning a new thread on this. I appreciate it. I only have two modes of reference on the 034 insert: with and without. It seems to really cause a lot of vibration, not when driving hard, but when not driving hard. I guess you don't get something for nothing, which I'm now finding out.

Anyway, thanks again.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Power flex hybrid with full bfi s1 mounts is about as rigid and durable as you're gonna get for a daily. Yes it has some nvh. It's not bad though. But the noise of the engine will change substantially. It will not sound as smooth as before but your drivetrain will be locked in for years.

I recently sold my bfi s1 engine mount and replaced with cts. So this is a power flex hybrid, bfi s1 trans and cts engine mount. I barely felt any difference (a little more engine vertical tilt) shifts aren't Asss tight but close. But now all NVH is almost gone and the rough sound and choppy note has gone back to a smooth roar. It was the noise that got to me, not the VH. But it certainly was the most performance oriented and durable approach that will last a long time.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I’ve got BFI S1 Eng/Trans mounts, APR pendulum, and Powerflex Insert (not Hybrid) and my NVH is 10-15% more than OEM. Entirely livable. My mom even noticed how much better the car drove, and said it’s smoother than her 09 CC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Sorry for digging up an old thread but has anyone replaced the lower oem puck? Will I need something to press the oem puck in? I'm pulling my hpa kit and replacing the oem to go back to stock. Would like to know what I'm in for. Thanks in advance!

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Sorry for digging up an old thread but has anyone replaced the lower oem puck? Will I need something to press the oem puck in? I'm pulling my hpa kit and replacing the oem to go back to stock. Would like to know what I'm in for. Thanks in advance!

putting an oem puck in is a pain in the ass. it's super tight and deforms( becomes oval ) at the portion where the outer edge of the puck is only 1/2 height, in other words the part where the dogbone arm goes in between the upper and lower pucks

good luck, let us know how i went for you

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
putting an oem puck in is a pain in the ass. it's super tight and deforms( becomes oval ) at the portion where the outer edge of the puck is only 1/2 height, in other words the part where the dogbone arm goes in between the upper and lower pucks

good luck, let us know how i went for you

Damn, that was what I was afraid of. Going to give serious thought to just leaving it in there. Vibes are noticeable on startup though. Thanks man.