GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
This sounds like the equivalent of fixing a check engine light with electrical tape lol
True. But the noise persisted even after new rubber was tossed on, it just wasn't as obvious. I'd love to put some deadening down in the wheel wells, but on the GSW getting that trim off is a pain. The window trim clips are the weird hook/stretch kind that you have to push over the frame.

Though with the Damper installed most of the noise is focused on the front of the vehicle now.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
ayy, good luck with install, let us know your thoughts. best option for 300$ imo.

I'm fully prepared to hate it. My problem is I don't want something overly loud, but a bit more deep and aggressive. That's why i really didn't want to get a $1k system. Figured $330 was worth trying. Read all your and @Ridebjj's recent feedback. Looks like he had good success putting in the $100 Borla ProXS muffler, will probably try that first if I need to.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I'm fully prepared to hate it. My problem is I don't want something overly loud, but a bit more deep and aggressive. That's why i really didn't want to get a $1k system. Figured $330 was worth trying. Read all your and @Ridebjj's recent feedback. Looks like he had good success putting in the $100 Borla ProXS muffler, will probably try that first if I need to.

Yes. I'm pretty happy with the final result of rev9 + vibrant res + borla. I don't even notice the sound when on the freeway. Previously, the drone when under light load in 6th would annoy me often.

Total price was about $500 in parts and $100ish in labor, iirc. Not bad.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes. I'm pretty happy with the final result of rev9 + vibrant res + borla. I don't even notice the sound when on the freeway. Previously, the drone when under light load in 6th would annoy me often.

Total price was about $500 in parts and $100ish in labor, iirc. Not bad.

My downpipe already had a res, I'm pretty sure it's the Vibrant UQ one (came that way from MAP). So curious to see how it sounds as is. Guess I'll know tomorrow.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
New downpipe, yay!!
Trackslag fwd 4”. Super fast shipping from Uk too.

I ordered at 8pm Monday evening and it showed up to Vegas tonight.
B69CF820-12C7-484F-986F-4E502CE3EEAD.jpeg
E616F888-723F-47F3-B18C-C107058D992A.jpeg
68E39621-AB55-456F-AA5D-966CE4040615.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Bag of miscellaneous hardware for multiple retrofits I have in progress. Pictured is the mount (retainer, per VW) for the DCC control module, and the all important felt strip that held up my order for 2 weeks. I eventually called and asked when my order be ready for pickup. I was told it was this discontinued felt strip causing the delay but they were still trying to source it. They offered to refund me the $1.54 which would mean my order was ready for pickup. I agreed but couldn't get to the dealership until this morning... And my felt strip arrived yesterday, what a relief 😂
IMG_20201017_075711.jpg

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT

Couldn't find any GTI PP rear brakes used anymore, so I decided to just buy new from Germany. I ordered on Wednesday and got it delivered on Saturday.

Next up is to buy Macan front brakes. The sad part is I don't have wheels that will fit over the brakes so I need new wheels too.