GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
GTI brake servo... now waiting on the GTI master cylinder to get to the dealer, from Germany apparently. Bigger brakes (not Big, just bigger) going on the TDI front and rear in the near future.

Sitting on top of B4 Damptronics that I got in a few weeks ago, DCC retrofit things...
IMG_20201128_184600.jpg

IMG_20201128_184538.jpg

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
GTI brake servo... now waiting on the GTI master cylinder to get to the dealer, from Germany apparently. Bigger brakes (not Big, just bigger) going on the TDI front and rear in the near future.

Sitting on top of B4 Damptronics that I got in a few weeks ago, DCC retrofit things...
View attachment 194327
View attachment 194328

nice, it wasn’t until recently that I realized DCC retrofit was a thing. Would you recommend it or were you just too far along through the process to reconsider it?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
nice, it wasn’t until recently that I realized DCC retrofit was a thing. Would you recommend it or were you just too far along through the process to reconsider it?
I don't know if it really is "a thing" yet as the amount of work and cost isn't worth it to most people. More people deleting DCC actually. I started a thread on it, linked here. @AWD4416 has finished the retrofit on his Mk7.5 GTI.

I haven't completed this retrofit yet but I'm down to installing front level sensors and the front struts. Extra work for me since the TDI has torsion beam rear (had to swap lower damper bushings) and has 50mm front struts/steering knuckles. DCC dampers, OEM or otherwise, are 55mm so I'm also installing GTI/R steering knuckles, which also means changing my front brakes, haha. If you already drive a GTI it's still plenty of work though, requiring everything shown in the picture on the first post of my thread... plus the harness.

Couple threads about it over on the Ross-tech VCDS forum. And a blog from a shop in Singapore I believe, though not much detail there. Once I'm done I plan to clean up the first post with everything I learned and everything required.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
I don't know if it really is "a thing" yet as the amount of work and cost isn't worth it to most people. More people deleting DCC actually. I started a thread on it, linked here. @AWD4416 has finished the retrofit on his Mk7.5 GTI.

I haven't completed this retrofit yet but I'm down to installing front level sensors and the front struts. Extra work for me since the TDI has torsion beam rear (had to swap lower damper bushings) and has 50mm front struts/steering knuckles. DCC dampers, OEM or otherwise, are 55mm so I'm also installing GTI/R steering knuckles, which also means changing my front brakes, haha. If you already drive a GTI it's still plenty of work though, requiring everything shown in the picture on the first post of my thread... plus the harness.

Couple threads about it over on the Ross-tech VCDS forum. And a blog from a shop in Singapore I believe, though not much detail there. Once I'm done I plan to clean up the first post with everything I learned and everything required.
Gotcha! And yeah that seems like a lot more work involved lol. No wonder it’s not “official”. I’ll have to pop in your thread when I get a few free minutes.

And yeah I do agree, I see a decent amount of people deleting it but I wonder if they’re doing it just because of their choice of suspension upgrades/mods or just because they don’t like it. I’d bet money the majority are people that go with air or other suspension bits that don’t support DCC or maybe it’s just cheaper to delete than paying to having supporting hardware to retain it (silly move imo).

Good luck with the install! Sounds like fun!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
For sure, if you need to replace DCC struts/dampers an OEM set goes for about $1,200 new. Bilstein B4 Damptronics are the OEM replacements, I paid $1,100 for the set. B6 Damptronics for a little more than OEM, B16 Damptronics for $2,500+ or KW DDC coilovers for $2,500+ as well.

You can get a LOT of suspension performance for almost $3k (Ohlins come to mind). I think most people spending that much on suspension are building pretty serious cars and don't care about driving modes. And you can also get really good setups for less than the $1,000+ that OEM/B4s cost so people just delete instead.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
I’ll just leave this for a little bit to buildup some suspense lol (gotta love packaging from China, surprised customs didn’t reach out to me and question it)
5F3FC5F4-89D7-4FD9-9F3F-AA8C0C7D250B.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’ll just leave this for a little bit to buildup some suspense lol (gotta love packaging from China, surprised customs didn’t reach out to me and question it) View attachment 194458

Nearly every package from China comes looking like that. They're used to it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ordered a non-nav 8" glass screen off eBay, 5G0-619-605-C. Hard to tell from a single photo, but looked to be in fine condition, although a little dirty.

1606766514483.png

What was delivered today...

1606766561587.png

🤔

I mean, I guess it is in fine condition. I just have no use for the composition media 17A-035-868 unit...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ordered a non-nav 8" glass screen off eBay, 5G0-619-605-C. Hard to tell from a single photo, but looked to be in fine condition, although a little dirty.

View attachment 194475

What was delivered today...

View attachment 194476

🤔

I mean, I guess it is in fine condition. I just have no use for the composition media 17A-035-868 unit...
Damn!

I’m about to remove my composite tonight 😂if you want to add to the collection

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Damn!

I’m about to remove my composite tonight 😂if you want to add to the collection

Might be interested in the trim if you're willing to part with it, since I think that's the same for the composition media & 8" glass trim. Still plan on getting a glass screen if this place can't send me the right one, and I had ordered trim off AliExpress with basic shipping, which means I'll probably get it around Valentine's Day.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Might be interested in the trim if you're willing to part with it, since I think that's the same for the composition media & 8" glass trim. Still plan on getting a glass screen if this place can't send me the right one, and I had ordered trim off AliExpress with basic shipping, which means I'll probably get it around Valentine's Day.
Yeah I will find out tonight if they are the same, that screen I got from ali comes with a new trim but will reuse the stock one of it’s the same fit since I know piano black is Already a perfect match since it’s oem