GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0822202000.jpg

One box of heavy noico butyl sound deadening mat and one box of sound insulating foam. I did the entire floor of the hatch today. Tomorrow the plan is to do both front doors. Next weekend I'll do the rear doors, and then depending on if enough is left and my motivation, I'll do the rear floor.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
One box of heavy noico butyl sound deadening mat and one box of sound insulating foam. I did the entire floor of the hatch today. Tomorrow the plan is to do both front doors. Next weekend I'll do the rear doors, and then depending on if enough is left and my motivation, I'll do the rear floor.

Did you use the 80mil? Picked up some Nico black 80mil for the doors, rear floors and rear seat, along hatch/spare area. Be curious to hear your opinion on ease of install and effect.

To reduce overall road noise or subwoofer resonance?
For me it was mainly to help end door/speaker rattle and help with the sound quality/bang for my buck with the helix install. My understanding is it doesn't help too much with road noise. If you're looking for that, maybe search around for a few of the aero panel threads. I hear they make a decent difference in road noise.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
Nice ! Will this work with a stock air box setup?
I feel like the universal silicone coupler provided might not stay attached, considering the stock pipe is plastic and flexes when squeezed. I could be wrong, but i imagine either the coupler or the pipe could loosen from the other even when tightened. Unlike a metal pipe, the plastic flexes too much in my honest opinion to use. Unless you can attach the stock tubing to the inlet pipe without the coupler, then that may work assuming the stock pipe is a bit wider.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I feel like the universal silicone coupler provided might not stay attached, considering the stock pipe is plastic and flexes when squeezed. I could be wrong, but i imagine either the coupler or the pipe could loosen from the other even when tightened. Unlike a metal pipe, the plastic flexes too much in my honest opinion to use. Unless you can attach the stock tubing to the inlet pipe without the coupler, then that may work assuming the stock pipe is a bit wider.

Big difference between squeezing a tube with your hand and put pressure on all sides with a worm drive clamp.

But, anyone upgrading the turbo inlet should also be swapping out the plastic intake hose anyway.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Watch out so you dont drop a keeper, mine had come off and one went under the top foam layer and when I started frantically looking it flicked away and I had to look for ever before I found it. 😬

Yikes!
I almost did that when I took it out to look at it. That's when I put it back like it was and sealed the box. Those things are tiny.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
APR flow formed wheels finally showed up after a 2 month wait. 18x8.5 et45. Wrapping in ContiDWS06 235/40/18 here in the next 2 days! I also picked up some GtechniqC5 to coat the wheels.

Needless to say, i'm extremely happy. Over my stock miltons i'm looking at ~5+lb saved per wheel, over ~40lb+ overall! So pumped.

Also, my elusive MOOG end links finally showed up quicker than i expected. K750809. Should pair well with my H&R 25mm bar.

More pics to follow once I get the coilovers and wheels on the car. Should be a fun transformation with the new wheels/bar/bilstein B14 kit.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Did you use the 80mil? Picked up some Nico black 80mil for the doors, rear floors and rear seat, along hatch/spare area. Be curious to hear your opinion on ease of install and effect.

For me it was mainly to help end door/speaker rattle and help with the sound quality/bang for my buck with the helix install. My understanding is it doesn't help too much with road noise. If you're looking for that, maybe search around for a few of the aero panel threads. I hear they make a decent difference in road noise.

So yesterday I just did driver front, which took several hours - most of it spent tracing out templates and cutting the mats. I did as much of the outer door shell as I could reach through the hole, and then covered about 70% of the inner panel in one layer of mat and a layer of foam over it. I also took out the window switches and lined the contact surfaces with tessa tape.

Result so far - driver door is now free of all the little creaks, rattles and vibey noises that pop up in that weird zone of vibration that happens at around 3000 rpm, especially when lifting off the throttle, and from driving over uneven surfaces, such asphalt chip seal roads. However, now I hear the passenger side much more clearly, which makes sense. So, that side will be next.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Link to sound insulating foam?

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
My 034 rigid collar kit finally arrived. I ordered it back on July 29. After several emails to 034, they finally responded and told me that my order would ship out at the end of September. I told them to cancel my order and then this arrived in the mail 2 days later.

5D57B8E6-6A54-49E4-90A5-8F590E61A0C9.jpeg

Also took the GTI out on a road trip to pickup another stable mate. Let the pregnant wife drive the GTI back home.
It’s a 2002 Toyota Tundra TRD Supercharged Ivan Stewart Edition. The previous owner went all out at Cartoys when it was first purchased. All kinds of top of the line audio equipment from the mid 2000s.
28D6FDFE-E49F-4E36-A7B7-B374778918CD.jpeg
0355211C-5550-4C22-93F5-085CE484760E.jpeg

Last edited: