GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Christmas came early this year: 😉

AWE Catback. Touring since Im not fan of loud. Hoping it will be enough since it was plenty when I had it on my Jetta. Worst case can always swap to track.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Christmas came early this year: 😉

AWE Catback. Touring since Im not fan of loud. Hoping it will be enough since it was plenty when I had it on my Jetta. Worst case can always swap to track.

I have the track version and love it.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion

APR red top coils and RS7 plugs. I am stage 1 apr 91 octane and the stock plugs (at 8k miles) were getting some cold start misfires very intermittently. The plugs completely smoothed things out. The coilpacks, probably a huge waste of money but it was more of a 'why not' purchase with the plugs and now (as any seasoned VAG guy should) I have a couple spare coils in the trunk.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

APR red top coils and RS7 plugs. I am stage 1 apr 91 octane and the stock plugs (at 8k miles) were getting some cold start misfires very intermittently. The plugs completely smoothed things out. The coilpacks, probably a huge waste of money but it was more of a 'why not' purchase with the plugs and now (as any seasoned VAG guy should) I have a couple spare coils in the trunk.

Where did you buy from ?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Would love to hear about your comparison between the 2. Always debate the cost benefit of PS4S and the like. Currently running the Falkens
So far I noticed cold grip is better, there's a 90 degree bend not far from my house and the Falken's liked to break loose, no such issue with the Michelin's. They're also really quiet, especially on the highway. Falken's were pretty quiet in the beginning but got louder as they wore down, the compound is also a bit harder. Michelin's do a great job at soaking up bumps, but that's also due to the taller sidewall. I liked the Falken's for the money but I was not impressed by the tread wear. I picked these up at $135/tire so I didn't have to think twice. Not much to say about spirited driving impressions, have yet to really push the car.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
@Navi with the first hand experience... just got the shopDAP OEM strut mounts quick. I love how much firmer the ECS units feel with the higher durameter compound, but squeaks seem no bueno.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
Does the heat shield leave enough room to fit a larger battery? I have a larger battery and my CTS CAI fits like crap.Way too tight. I've been eyeing the IE CAI.
Yikes! I forgot to get back to you, I'm sorry! I was looking at a replacement filter for a previous intake and just remembered what I said i would do. I took 2 pictures, and there's a bit more room than I thought. Looks like 2 to 3 inches.

Attachments

• 20200814_145545.jpg
    20200814_145545.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
  • 20200814_145541.jpg
    20200814_145541.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Yikes! I forgot to get back to you, I'm sorry! I was looking at a replacement filter for a previous intake and just remembered what I said i would do. I took 2 pictures, and there's a bit more room than I thought. Looks like 2 to 3 inches.
It does look like a better fit for sure than what I currently have. I followed the DIY that @golfdave suggested, everything worked great but my aftermarket intake is a bit too snug for comfort.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
This close.
Whoa. Not much room for anything there. The shield on the IE intake for my MK6 comes right up to the battery case also, so no room for anything bigger than stock for me either. But they designed the hose to parallel the battery instead of at an angle, so there is a bit of room there at least. What battery were you looking at?

Attachments

• 20200607_142717.jpg
    20200607_142717.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 102

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
RokBlokz splash guards. Not in a hurry to install them yet, but definitely before winter.

I went with the short length as I didn't want my GTI to look too much like a wannabe rally racer (at least to me).

20200814_203305255_iOS - Copy.jpg