GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Since my car has been gutted for 3 weeks due to a antenna leak and finding any other problem. It rained the other day pretty bad and car was super humid. I ended up sitting in the rear during a rain storm and saw water rising up from the body panel somehow. I did tons of research but couldn’t find shit. So I ended up hitting it with sealant today and hoping for the best. Since I was working on the car I removed a door panel and replaced the panel clips since a majority was broken by an audio shop. New clips the seal is much beefier than the ones that come with our cars. Damaged clips leads to leaks as well into the car.

video of the leak: https://youtube.com/shorts/0cJpq_RNpwk?si=0O0YCHp8nBS0Rd74

IMG_2574.jpeg
IMG_2575.jpeg
IMG_2577.jpeg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Finally swapped out for Ruths (they were gapped to .028. Just left them as is.

Also swapped out for three MK8 PCV. Thought I had a BL before but turns out it was an AP.

Took me 2 hours to do both. Had to watch a video on how to unclip coil packs cause it's been a while and I forgot.

Had to watch a video on how to remove PCV house from TIP

Had to watch a video on how to change PCV.

All I have to say is F@#* working on cars. Not cut out for it.

This asshole hose kicked my ass. I don't even think I have the clip on right, but after 15 minutes jacking it off trying to get it on, I was done
20230925_125523.jpg

MK8 PCV

20230925_105001.jpg

In progress. Didn't want to get any debris in there
20230925_120554.jpg

And done. And it started up. Wasn't leaking anywhere.
20230925_125650.jpg

Spark plugs had oil on them. What does that mean?
20230925_125607.jpg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Finally swapped out for Ruths (they were gapped to .028. Just left them as is.

Also swapped out for three MK8 PCV. Thought I had a BL before but turns out it was an AP.

Took me 2 hours to do both. Had to watch a video on how to unclip coil packs cause it's been a while and I forgot.

Had to watch a video on how to remove PCV house from TIP

Had to watch a video on how to change PCV.

All I have to say is F@#* working on cars. Not cut out for it.

This asshole hose kicked my ass. I don't even think I have the clip on right, but after 15 minutes jacking it off trying to get it on, I was done
View attachment 291281

MK8 PCV

View attachment 291282
In progress. Didn't want to get any debris in there
View attachment 291283

And done. And it started up. Wasn't leaking anywhere.
View attachment 291284

Spark plugs had oil on them. What does that mean?
View attachment 291285
Oil on the spark plug threads is a leaking cam bridge. It's not an immediate fix provided it's just a little oil. Keep an eye on it and you'll need a cam bridge reseal sometime in the future. 1 and 4 have a little oil on them for me, I'm just keeping an eye on it for now.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Since my car has been gutted for 3 weeks due to a antenna leak and finding any other problem. It rained the other day pretty bad and car was super humid. I ended up sitting in the rear during a rain storm and saw water rising up from the body panel somehow. I did tons of research but couldn’t find shit. So I ended up hitting it with sealant today and hoping for the best. Since I was working on the car I removed a door panel and replaced the panel clips since a majority was broken by an audio shop. New clips the seal is much beefier than the ones that come with our cars. Damaged clips leads to leaks as well into the car.

video of the leak: https://youtube.com/shorts/0cJpq_RNpwk?si=0O0YCHp8nBS0Rd74

View attachment 291243
Update: MF shit still leaked. Purchased some new seals for the outer tail lights. Honestly hoping this fixes the leak. I'm tired of having a humid car when it rains hard. It's super frustrating. :cry:

Last edited:

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Installed paint match badge skin inserts, and black emblems.

Not sure how I feel about it yet

Attachments

• IMG_2393.jpeg
    IMG_2393.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2394.jpeg
    IMG_2394.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Did a lapping day yesterday with OnGrid at The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA. Overall was a fun day! Had 4 sessions total after my first session was cancelled due to a Civic SI dumping oil all over the track. Unfortunately only had one dry session, but got close to my previous PB on lap 2. Goal is to keep working towards 2-flat as I know the car can do it. Adrenaline levels started pretty high as an SS Camaro spun in front of me on the out lap of our first session. He got a little too excited after getting the point by from the Mk7.5 in front of me. Had fun in the rain working on my smoothness after that.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Update: MF shit still leaked. Purchased some new seals for the outer tail lights. Honestly hoping this fixes the leak. I'm tired of having a humid car when it rains hard. It's super frustrating. :cry:
I would check the seam sealing of the body too. If water comes out of sheet metal seams it has to go in there somewhere. Since the hatch water path runs along the outer tails it’s a good call to check/replace the seal there. While the lights are out just carefully check the factory brushed sealing for any obvious signs.
IMG_2649.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
My PCV system has no issues but I haven't pushed the car hard on track, yet. Did not realize the mk8 variant was an option. Not sure what one I have but my car is a 2018 and I believe there were updates from the initial issues they had.

@DOOD scary when you're out there with inexperienced rwd cars. Also, what the hell was the WRX looking at! That was close!

@UtahMK7.5 get some BFI engine mounts and it really spices things up. That and the lower euro engine cover.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My PCV system has no issues but I haven't pushed the car hard on track, yet. Did not realize the mk8 variant was an option. Not sure what one I have but my car is a 2018 and I believe there were updates from the initial issues they had.
You're correct....same here

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Did a lapping day yesterday with OnGrid at The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA. Overall was a fun day! Had 4 sessions total after my first session was cancelled due to a Civic SI dumping oil all over the track. Unfortunately only had one dry session, but got close to my previous PB on lap 2. Goal is to keep working towards 2-flat as I know the car can do it. Adrenaline levels started pretty high as an SS Camaro spun in front of me on the out lap of our first session. He got a little too excited after getting the point by from the Mk7.5 in front of me. Had fun in the rain working on my smoothness after that.

Had a few friends there as well and sounds like it was black and red flag city with all the spins + the blown civic engine. Two of my friends managed to spin into the braking zone of T-1 and the one in the Mustang looked like he almost smoked the corner marshall hut.