GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
Got some BFGoodrich G-Force Comp A/S2 tires.

Super quiet so far.

MK7@55

Passed Driver's Ed

Washed her and having the windows tinted now! Can't wait to see her with her new shades. Pics to follow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
Just FYI, I had a dealer in Delaware quote me $200 for the job.

Try to find a place that knows how easy it is to do and won't bill you more than an hour. It's a very easy catback to remove. Just a few bolts and exhaust hangers and it drops free and clear quickly. No cutting involved, like the stupid design of the Focus ST, which runs over the rear subframe and required cutting to remove. :(

If I had a lift, I'd have done the GTI exhaust myself, but I only have ramps and didn't want any claustrophobia.

$187 is what that dealer charged me. I bought it there too, they matched Modded Euros price. $187 is over an hour, and it took them over an hour. Even though they are experts, getting those tips perfect takes some time. I am sure it could be done a little cheaper, but it is a VW dealer, and I don't mind paying extra for the relationship. Had a check engine light come on for what wound up being nothing and they removed my APR and put it back after the problem resolved for free. Def could have charged me for that.

Last edited:

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Checked and set tyre pressues. No biggie, except the quoted door frame sticker; 30psi for 2 peeps seems 'wallowy' with odd steering and 36psi up to 4 peeps feels very hard with little grip, so I set the pressure to 33psi. The only fun part was checking pressure figures on various websites. I doubly & trebly checked the right model, year and tyre size; figures ranged from 28 - 38psi, or 33-46 carrying up to 4 peeps....

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Got hit by an uninsured driver who tried to blame it on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion