GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That’s what I thought Jim. I’ve seen cars that have been winterized. That shit looks like it was dipped in decadent caramel LOL

maybe dude meant there’s a clear transparent coating of sorts?
I don't know. Maybe it's only for cars shipped to a particular area.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It’s on areas between the heat shields and plastic covers, on the actual metal of the car, I’ve removed all those items for various projects
I’ve never removed the shields. So it’s only there? Not on the suspension components? What else did vw winterize?

thanks for the info!

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Did some more stuff today....

WVR catch can, ecs carbon rad support, and ngk Ruth plugs. Tomorrow viofo a129 4k hardwired dash cam.
20210110_113001.jpg
20210110_112856.jpg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Polished up the plastic over the gauges on the dash with some Quixx headlight restoring polish. Bought the car used and someone spilled/coughed/sneezed something that etched into the plastic and would not come off with any cleaner and a rag. Got 95% of the splatter removed, just a few small dots and some spots along the edges to touch up/retry. So far so good, looks a lot better. Stumbled over the trick earlier in the thread.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Nice work, wonder how it'll look with the center trim back on. But holy hell those are some short throws, must be fun to bang through the gears.
Teaser fit to make sure it’s clears and still has the necessary range of motion.
B2FE90A9-76DC-418D-B973-8AE03369926A.jpeg

Also on the “what I did today”. my clutch fun... as I know you can relate 🤣
image.jpg