Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I wish you the best of luck. Looks like the stock DP, so hopefully it sounds better than it did on my car with an aftermarket DP.
I took your advice to heart. It I swap downpipes I’ll be getting a catted resonated unit for sure

but seriously. Thank you. You and these three other guys helped tremendously! Thanks so much for the advice. I love how deep it sounds. It’s very bassy. And at wide open throttle it sounds like a proper three inch exhaust!

LLAVES

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
View attachment 197541

Up and running action shot.

The digital dash isn't the OEM one, but the EZ Retrofit Digital Dash straight outta China. I went this route because I didn't want to deal with the headache of coding and issues that go along with OEM digital dash swap. Plus, this unit is cheaper, which is always a bonus. It's a plug and play swap, but you do have to swap your mainboard from your stock cluster over to this one (which is how it keeps mileage and car info). Process is reversible, and all said and done, was pretty easy to do.

Overall, I like it so far. There are some nuances about it, and things I wish I could change, but you can't expect to be able to customize every little detail. For example, some things are in imperial, and some things are in metric. Spedometer is MPH, temperature in the top right is Fahrenheit, range is in Miles, but the coolant temp (which is hidden by the "needle") is in Celsius. With no way that I see to change it. There are some "Well, it's a cheap Chinese unit, so what do you expect?" things as well. If you change Driving Range to Oil Temperature, the text "Engine Oil Temperature" is too long and the last few letters get cut off. But if functions good, is responsive, and in my opinion, looks great.

It offers wireless phone screen mirroring, it has a dongle that gets plugged into the USB & HDMI cables coming out of the back. It worked flawlessly on my friends Samsung phone (we installed a unit in his car at the same time), but I couldn't get it to connect on my Pixel. More testing is needed. I tried plugging my SNES mini into the HDMI port, but it didn't show up properly. Not sure if that's just a limitation of the unit, or my SNES mini being broken from being tossed around in a drawer for a while.
Just installed my EZ digital dash today and it was pretty easy, other than a panel on the center console that I can pop back in. I found that you can change the values in the main options menu in the center display. Does your dimmer switch no longer dim the buttons?

Attachments

• 368D7B0D-06CA-4C23-831D-2A030261E893.jpeg
    368D7B0D-06CA-4C23-831D-2A030261E893.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 132
  • 9A5059BC-5CC3-4EC5-BB92-8493E2187266.jpeg
    9A5059BC-5CC3-4EC5-BB92-8493E2187266.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
  • 61557E7D-E9A5-44AE-A577-F2A42418ECF7.jpeg
    61557E7D-E9A5-44AE-A577-F2A42418ECF7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
speeding...yeah the GTI is fairly quiet at speed (soundactor at normal).

CSB: With Mrs Mud on the hwy in my old Integra I started playing tag with an Accord. We were doing 90-95 and Mrs Mud asked "why is everyone driving so slow?" I really didn't know what to say.....I swear I heard the lightbulb over her head click on and then she leaned over and looked at the speedometer and said "oh"

:)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just installed my EZ digital dash today and it was pretty easy, other than a panel on the center console that I can pop back in. I found that you can change the values in the main options menu in the center display. Does your dimmer switch no longer dim the buttons?

Nope, dimmer no longer dims. I assume that function is routed through the original cluster, and the functionality wasn't put in the aftermarket one. One of the small compromises that had to be made.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Nope, dimmer no longer dims. I assume that function is routed through the original cluster, and the functionality wasn't put in the aftermarket one. One of the small compromises that had to be made.
Aw man, thats a deal breaker for me. I like mine all the way dimmed

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Aw man, thats a deal breaker for me. I like mine all the way dimmed

It's definitely far from perfect, and has its little nuances. Some things are software related, and I'm sure can be fixed over time, if the manufacturer wants to. They do advertise regular firmware updates. Some things are hardware bound, like the dimming issue, and I imagine will never change. It's the price you pay spending up to 50% less than retrofitting the OEM digital dash, and not having to mess around with any coding. Overall, I'm still happy with it.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Brakes installed, bled with RPF600, super easy! 18’s are on now, need to get my 17’s with snow Torres rebalanced to have the weights in a different spot to clear the caliper. First short drive, they feel great! Still have the stock 272mm rears that come on the Golf S 4Motion wagons, may throw some better pads in there eventually, but with the 328mm front Stoptech’s, the balance should be fairly close.

Attachments

• 9843BF23-EA24-4008-A121-5BD33FF9D8B2.jpeg
    9843BF23-EA24-4008-A121-5BD33FF9D8B2.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 103
  • C9FD2964-39FF-4F45-8A12-57401B29D01F.jpeg
    C9FD2964-39FF-4F45-8A12-57401B29D01F.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 98

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R