GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird Afr's After 02 Spacer

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
Recently Installed 42DD 02 spacer about a week ago and I've noticed at under cruising speeds keeping the throttle position at a constant the afr's will jump around from 13 then go to 16 ended up getting P013E for rich/lean. Also read on another thread that it could be the way the spacer is angled and could be leaking and double checked to make sure it was secured. Had no problems on my tune without using one before just decided to get on for being able to pass inspection has anyone experienced this or could it possibly be liked to map sensor?

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Ed at eqt experienced this and tells people to just disconnect the rear o2 sensor.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Ed at eqt experienced this and tells people to just disconnect the rear o2 sensor.

That won't help if he's trying to pass emissions and needs the O2 sensor to pass.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Not surprising, nobody believed me when I said the rear O2 was used for fueling, until of course Ed said the same thing.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
That won't help if he's trying to pass emissions and needs the O2 sensor to pass.
Plug it back in for inspection. If you are throwing a delayed response code you are failing monitors anyways.
Not surprising, nobody believed me when I said the rear O2 was used for fueling, until of course Ed said the same thing.
Sorry for doubting you if I did. These new ecms are so extremely complex. It's very impressive.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Recently Installed 42DD 02 spacer about a week ago and I've noticed at under cruising speeds keeping the throttle position at a constant the afr's will jump around from 13 then go to 16 ended up getting P013E for rich/lean. Also read on another thread that it could be the way the spacer is angled and could be leaking and double checked to make sure it was secured. Had no problems on my tune without using one before just decided to get on for being able to pass inspection has anyone experienced this or could it possibly be liked to map sensor?
FWIW Op, you'll need the O2 sensor plugged in and run drive cycle to show passed on the monitor. If you're throwing codes though you'll need to play around with the spacer a bit. Make sure it's screwed all the way in to the pipe then back it off just enough so it points upstream. That's what I've done with my Vibrant J-spacer (medium insert). Other than having to flash back to stock and run a drive cycle I've passed every time. No lean/rich codes thrown. Hope this helps.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
FWIW Op, you'll need the O2 sensor plugged in and run drive cycle to show passed on the monitor. If you're throwing codes though you'll need to play around with the spacer a bit. Make sure it's screwed all the way in to the pipe then back it off just enough so it points upstream. That's what I've done with my Vibrant J-spacer (medium insert). Other than having to flash back to stock and run a drive cycle I've passed every time. No lean/rich codes thrown. Hope this helps.
Why do you have to flash back to stock if no CEL?

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Most stage 2 tunes patch the emissions code so you don't get a check engine light. The problem with that is then the sensor doesn't show readiness. Flashing back to stock allows readiness to be reset, but you need either a really good cat or a good spacer setup so you don't throw codes for catalyst efficiency.