GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf GTD question

NadJ

Drove a Mk7 Golf for 2 weeks (hire car) and fell in love with the practicality and handling. Looking to lease a GTD but coming from driving a very smooth 525d I'm kind of worried about the ride. I do like a sporty car but at the same time a smooth ride is very important. Is it true that the Normal mode of the Adaptive Chassis Control results in a ride comparable to a standard Mk7 Golf?

Thanks

punter

Passed Driver's Ed
Depends on the roads you are on much more ! But ! The MK 6 GTD I just changed had 18" option ( not my choice ) I put 17" all season wheel/tyres on and it made it fine even with lowered and GTD set shocks. Rather than spend fortunes on toys why not just do that ? Worked for me.

dickt

Ready to race!
I suspect you have to try one out from a friendly dealer. I've had 525ds, 528, E class, Passat and now Golfs.
The best for very long journeys in a straight line was undoubtedly the E class. I suspect it still is.
I moved from the E class to a Passat 170 tdi dsg. That was due to tax reasons. I enjoyed the Passat, and as my journeys were then Heathrow area to Gatwick area on the car park known as the M25 I did not miss the E class.
I then went for a Golf with the same engine and gearbox. As you say, excellent practicality, and easy to park, as well as good handling.I changed that for a GT tdi 150 which I have had since March.

I suspect that had I moved from the E class to the Golf, I might have been less happy.
Find a dealer who will lend you a GTD for a couple of days. I think that is the only way you will be completely happy.