VTT MQB Cast GC Vs Boss 600 dyno

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
this is awesome.
i hope some of my haters can now understand why i have been so fierce in regards to the bs vvt has been spewing. i have 20 years in this game with 18 of them making well over 450whp in a fwd vw. i have been around the block and back many many times.
i truly hope that vtt disappears from the vw community and people like ED stick around. in the long run it benefits all us true enthusiasts.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Wasn't one of the claims that the VTT turbo will outspool both the Tomiaka and EQT?
Yes and we proved that wrong with a chart of my eqt on 91 pump spooling better than vtt on full fueling

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
So here are our graphs on SAE which is what he was using. Red is this AM on E30 which is why we can run it up to 7400 as 28 psi allows it until we get the last coil on the car. 405WHP SAE, Ed's dyno showed 476 SAE for an 18% difference. Here is our E85 dyno on SAE 487, his dyno showed 548WHP for a 14% difference. For reference here, I put the boss dyno in there on SAE. I also posted them in uncorrected. If Ed put his dyno in uncorrected my guess is the variance would be close to 20% from a dynojet. This would be a little on the high side for Dynojet to Dynocom at least that we have seen in the past.

This is kind of variance is exactly why we almost always run in uncorrected. It removes any variables from the runs, and it's always 1.00 correction or none. What the car puts down is what it shows.

So any numbers EQT posts can be subtracted 14-18%.

I found it a little shady to not disclose he was not running a production turbo until the end, but some people are ok with doing things like that during testing, some aren't. I gladly offered to show my boost, and ethanol percentage in my UM settings to Ed, he made no such offering to us. Jeff had some things to say, but I am not going to get into a tuner war. If he wants to speak his mind at some point he can.

Their car ran good, would like to see what it traps at the strip for a reference.

All things included. We had a great time down there, nice to get away from the shop for a few hours. Thanks for having us.

Tony

Attachments

• VTT E30, E85, Boss SAE.jpg
    VTT E30, E85, Boss SAE.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 393
  • VTT E30, E85, Boss UC.jpg
    VTT E30, E85, Boss UC.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 397

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Where can I find that 91 Octane chart?
I'll looks I think it in one of the many locked threads lol

railroader

Autocross Newbie
So here are our graphs on SAE which is what he was using. Red is this AM on E30 which is why we can run it up to 7400 as 28 psi allows it until we get the last coil on the car. 405WHP SAE, Ed's dyno showed 476 SAE for an 18% difference. Here is our E85 dyno on SAE 487, his dyno showed 548WHP for a 14% difference. For reference here, I put the boss dyno in there on SAE. I also posted them in uncorrected. If Ed put his dyno in uncorrected my guess is the variance would be close to 20% from a dynojet. This would be a little on the high side for Dynojet to Dynocom at least that we have seen in the past.

This is kind of variance is exactly why we almost always run in uncorrected. It removes any variables from the runs, and it's always 1.00 correction or none. What the car puts down is what it shows.

So any numbers EQT posts can be subtracted 14-18%.

I found it a little shady to not disclose he was not running a production turbo until the end, but some people are ok with doing things like that during testing, some aren't. I gladly offered to show my boost, and ethanol percentage in my UM settings to Ed, he made no such offering to us. Jeff had some things to say, but I am not going to get into a tuner war. If he wants to speak his mind at some point he can.

Their car ran good, would like to see what it traps at the strip for a reference.

All things included. We had a great time down there, nice to get away from the shop for a few hours. Thanks for having us.

Tony
Ed actually stated his car was running a larger prototype housing 2 days ago so it was always out I the open
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=724987

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm pretty sure he said it was a prototype turbo almost immediately :rolleyes:

No? Maybe I'm mistaken.
No he did 2 days ago

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
As far as a direct comparison against our turbo, that gets a little tricker because we don't currently have any customer locally who is running a fuel system to support full E85 and they're all still on the stock MAP sensors. So we're generally limited to about E30 and 28psi. When I get a bit of free time, I'll be trying the 4 bar sensors on my car and maybe I can tune it on something like MS109 that will let me stay within the limitations of the fuel system. It still won't be a direct comparison, however, as my car is an R and has different gearing than the GTI. Also to be fair, I'm currently testing a larger exhaust housing on my personal car, so it may make a bit more power and spool a bit slower than our current production units. When we get a GTI customer locally who has a full fuel system, we can get a real apples to apples comparison. Until then, it would still be interesting to see how our dynos compare, so let's at least make that happen.

Thanks
-- Ed

Quoted from earlier in this thread, so Tony can stop saying that Ed running a non-production turbo is a surprise or shady. It's that type of "everyone against me" BS that gets people triggered on you, if you're interested in taking advice.

Also the little slight about Ed not wanting to share info with you and how you were so forthcoming...seriously? He's stated E30 and 28psi multiple times, do you just not trust people? What a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.