GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US Navy SEALs face assault charges after capturing a most wanted terrorist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucidity

Marx
what it is always going to come down to is you making accusations without any actual proof. And me telling you to show me proof. You will respond with articles like that, that prove nothing, but are made to look like they are based off of something certain, when in reality 2 anonymous informants could be anyone trying to slander the company. I doubt any of us will ever know what truely happened. And at the same time i'm tired of arguing the same thing over and over. I believe your views are extremely skewed, as you do mine, so I'll leave it at that.

but back on topic, the point I was originally trying to state, is that it's absurd that people are even entertaining the idea of charging SEAL's team members at all. I'm not saying let off people that do wrong things, but possibly filing charges on elite soldiers trained to the highest level for punching a Terrorist is crazy. 1) I'm sure he wasn't just like, "Ok guys, you got me" 2) I'm sure he's lying just to try and get something out of his demise.

Did you read the article... they aren't simply anonymous, they are employees of the company, one of which is a former Marine. You should really look these guys up before you take their back.

-- A Sixth Blackwater Employee Pleads Guilty for His Role in the Shooting --

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2008/December/08-nsd-1068.html

http://www.whereistheoutrage.net/wordpress/2009/02/05/what-is-blackwater-up-to/

If you want to complain about the SEALs having to go through what is a formality according to someone that agrees with you then go ahead. The only reason you even heard about this has already been mentioned by other members. They certainly know how to push your buttons.

Uh, Lucidity, in which branch of the military did you serve, and when? What was your MOS?

When did you work for Blackwater, or any other private security force that is above the law?

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Did you read the article... they aren't simply anonymous, they are employees of the company, one of which is a former Marine. You should really look these guys up before you take their back.

If YOU read the article, you'd know all the accuser's chose to remain anonymous.

This could be anyone, or it could in fact be an ex-employee that was maybe disgruntled by a bad layoff and wanted to take advantage of the bad light that is cast on them by Iraq and just poke the fire. It could be anything.

Why do you automatically choose to believe what you hear without researching other possibilities? Last Time I checked you are innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Oh thats right, you just look up information that justifies your beliefs, almost forgot.

I'm sure if these men have been doing criminal activities for as long as you say they have been, then there would be thousands more reports against them. And in today's day and age when everyone has a camera of some type, someone would have gotten evidence of it that they wouldn't have been able to destroy.

Lucidity

Marx
If YOU read the article, you'd know all the accuser's chose to remain anonymous.

This could be anyone, or it could in fact be an ex-employee that was maybe disgruntled by a bad layoff and wanted to take advantage of the bad light that is cast on them by Iraq and just poke the fire. It could be anything.

Why do you automatically choose to believe what you hear without researching other possibilities? Last Time I checked you are innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Oh thats right, you just look up information that justifies your beliefs, almost forgot.

I'm sure if these men have been doing criminal activities for as long as you say they have been, then there would be thousands more reports against them. And in today's day and age when everyone has a camera of some type, someone would have gotten evidence of it that they wouldn't have been able to destroy.

I guess in your world it makes more sense for disgruntled employees to lie under oath instead of finding a new job. I guess pleading guilty doesn't count as evidence... You totally wouldn't be able to use that in court at all. I wasn't aware so many Iraqis had cameras either. It's not a view Blackwater had so many varying complaints and criminal charges that their license to operate in Iraq was pulled. Who knows how many complaints have been filed? Up until now anyone operating privately overseas in these groups has been able to do as they please without fear of being prosecuted.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
and I guess in your world everything you hear/read on the news (especially news from overseas) is truth, and people that you don't like or don't agree with are automatically guilty and should be punished for what they are being accused of. And those poor Iraqi's somehow managed to sneak a camera into Saddam Hussein's execution but can't manage to get any evidence of the bad Modern Christian Crusader's raping and pillaging villages throughout their country murdering men, women, and children at their leisure.

lagguer

I Can Haz Cheezberger!
Yeah so far it looks like the only site really reporting this is Fox News. So probably just trying to to stir up emotions like the OP.

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me at all. Probably pretty common since abu ghraib. The detainees probably think they can get out scot-free by claiming they were assaulted. Meanwhile the military probably has to take their complaints more seriously since abu ghraib.

CNN is reporting it too. http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/11/25/navy.seals.falluja/index.html. The sad part is, these fvckers are using our own laws and our political correctness against us. It's sad. While we give the terrorists who killed 3000+ innocent civilians lawyers (one of which is a USAFA grad--UFB!), a jury, and constitutional rights, we're screwing our own guys over. YGTBFSM!

Lucidity

Marx
and I guess in your world everything you hear/read on the news (especially news from overseas) is truth, and people that you don't like or don't agree with are automatically guilty and should be punished for what they are being accused of. And those poor Iraqi's somehow managed to sneak a camera into Saddam Hussein's execution but can't manage to get any evidence of the bad Modern Christian Crusader's raping and pillaging villages throughout their country murdering men, women, and children at their leisure.

The FBI and local forces here in the states agree with me enough to investigate and go to trial with it. Of all people, one who started arguing this thread by saying nothing really gets reported, can't believe something like this doesn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.